Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should Billy Gillespie be Fired?

Featured Replies

I think Billy's installing his system and not to worried about the early season. Except for the freshmen I guarantee you the coaching change has been a shock to every player on this roster. I agree with whoever said I give BCG a mulligan on this season. Should we have beaten GW of course, but sometimes a coach has to do certain things to get his point across. I am in no way saying he lost on purpose, but maybe let things go on he is totally against for a little film review.

  • Replies 164
  • Views 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dayton - 99-00 season, Penn St. - 00-01 season. Look at UK's roster during the 01-02 season when they lost to WKU and tell me that UK had little talent that year.

 

Was that the year that Dayton went to the NCAA tournament?

 

Last time I checked Big Ten (Penn State) was not on the same level of Atlantic South. There is a HUGE difference in playing a bottom feeder of the Big Ten and playing the bottom feeder of Atlantic South.

I like Billy G's style, except for not calling a timeout.

 

If you don't practice hard you're not going to play a lot. If UK's record suffers because of it then so be it. The players didn't play with any heart and it showed. Legion should be starting and that's it. It was one game and who cares. Get the loss out of the way now and focus on the rest of the season.

 

Didn't Tubby take heat for pulling players too often in games when they were not getting the job done according to his specifications? I recall that.

GW was 9-21 last year and is picked near the bottom of the Atlantic Sun this year.

Of Tubby's losses:

The WKU team in 2000-01 had the 7-footer that had the injury-prone feet but he was a LEGIT NBA prospect at that time.

Dayton has always been pretty good in the A-10 and, if I'm not mistaken, that was on a neutral floor in the state of Ohio.

Penn State was not a bad team in the Big 10 that year with the Crispin Brothers.

Dayton - 99-00 season, Penn St. - 00-01 season. Look at UK's roster during the 01-02 season when they lost to WKU and tell me that UK had little talent that year.

 

Was Kentucky 25 point favorites in those games? Didn't think so. Dayton and Penn State are on different planets than Gardner Webb.

 

To make a point, I played baseball at an NAIA school in Kentucky, and I beat Gardner Webb's baseball team 5-4, and I sucked ;)

Was that the year that Dayton went to the NCAA tournament?

 

Last time I checked Big Ten (Penn State) was not on the same level of Atlantic South. There is a HUGE difference in playing a bottom feeder of the Big Ten and playing the bottom feeder of Atlantic South.

 

 

There's more parity in basketball now, remember. Wasn't that the case everyone made for Tubby. BTW, Gardner Webb would probably beat Penn St. worse than they did us.

Was Kentucky 25 point favorites in those games? Didn't think so. Dayton and Penn State are on different planets than Gardner Webb.

To make a point, I played baseball at an NAIA school in Kentucky, and I beat Gardner Webb's baseball team 5-4, and I sucked ;)

 

Are they? I thought there was a lot of parity in today's game.

Are they? I thought there was a lot of parity in today's game.

 

Between the teams in the power conferences, yes.

Between the TOP teams in the mid-major conferences, yes.

 

Between the teams of the conferences that are not even mid-majors and the top conferences, NO.

Between the teams in the lower conferences that can only win 9 games in a season and a team picked as one of the top 25 teams in the nation, HECK NO!

Between the teams in the power conferences, yes.

Between the TOP teams in the mid-major conferences, yes.

 

Between the teams of the conferences that are not even mid-majors and the top conferences, NO.

Between the teams in the lower conferences that can only win 9 games in a season and a team picked as one of the top 25 teams in the nation, HECK NO!

 

Let's wait and see how Gardner-Webb and KY does the rest of the season before making such brash statements.

Call me crazy, but I think I'll give Gillispie a little longer than 2 games before I pass judgement. Like, maybe 3 or 4 seasons...which would give him time to build his own roster and fully put his stamp on the team (see Rich Brooks).

 

Of course, what do I know? I'm naive and lost all "credibility" a long time ago.

Let's wait and see how Gardner-Webb and KY does the rest of the season before making such brash statements.

 

I said in one of these multiple threads calling on the sky to be falling, that if GW is in March Madness, it changes the whole view of this loss.:thumb:

I said in one of these multiple threads calling on the sky to be falling, that if GW is in March Madness, it changes the whole view of this loss.:thumb:

 

What if they're a strong contender in their conference but fall just short of the big dance?

What if they're a strong contender in their conference but fall just short of the big dance?

 

Still one of the lower conferences in the NCAA.

Still one of the lower conferences in the NCAA.

 

Didn't answer the question...

Didn't answer the question...

 

I did but not clearly.

 

If they cannot make it to the Big Dance out of one of the lower level conferences, than it is a huge, monumental upset.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.