Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should Billy Gillespie be Fired?

Featured Replies

Uh...Tubby lost to more Gardner-Webbs than any other coach in UK history. Let's not forget that one Rick Pitino lost to a Pitt at home in a similiar tournament some 16 years ago and ended up having a half way decent year.

 

No, Tubby just happened to be the unfortunate guy who was in charge at UK when the rest of the SEC decided to get its act together in basketball and stopped being UK's whipping boys. Please list all Tubby's losses to mid-major and low D-IA schools, because I'm calling shenanigans (bugatti 2002).

  • Replies 164
  • Views 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And you would be wrong, the person who recruited PP was The Tubby Smith. If it wasn't for Tubby, Patterson would not have been here at UK..And also Legion just fell into Billy G's lap since at the last minute he decided to not go to UM...

 

How could he be wrong. If Tubby recruited him why is he at UK and not Minnesotta. You've said this several times and it just ain't true. I think living in Huntington Patrick would've been interested in UK regardless of who the coach was. That's nice that Legion just fell in his lap. I'm sure UK must've been the only school after him if he just fell in our lap.

All I know is this: when I was on here saying how much of a handicap Crawford and Bradley were (and evidently still are) there were a lot of people saying that OTS hamstrung their respective games by not "turning them loose" and that BCG would turn them loose. Well obviously these two are a little more headstrong than we originally gave thjem credit for.

Could be the year that UK finally gets beaten ALOT in the SEC. Many programs have more "players" than UK now (not talent, but people that can play right now). UT was picked to win the SEC for a reason. They have the best coach, more "players" and a great addition when the 1st semester ends...someone you may remember is one of his relatives...maybe by the last name of PRINCE?

 

I think UK will be good in the long run....but Billy G did have a big task ahead of him. So calm down "boo birds"...give the guy a chance...

 

:banana:

 

I don't think that Pearl is the best coach in the SEC. Don't get me wrong I like the guy and his style but I think there are better coaches in the SEC than him.

 

I also don't think the boo birds where aimed at BCG. They were aimed more at the players for their effort. Or lack there of.

 

Crawford is no where near being a difference maker. He played horrible defense and made many bad decisions on offense.

 

Bradley's stat line made it look like he had a great game but that is far from the truth.

I don't think that Pearl is the best coach in the SEC. Don't get me wrong I like the guy and his style but I think there are better coaches in the SEC than him.

 

I also don't think the boo birds where aimed at BCG. They were aimed more at the players for their effort. Or lack there of.

 

Last year, the TBers pointed out ad nausem, WHO is responsible for making sure the players are playing with a strong effort?

 

LY, the blame fell on Tubby's shoulders. This year, it seems they are going to length to shift that same blame they heaped on Tubby's shoulders off of Billy Clyde's.

Last year, the TBers pointed out ad nausem, WHO is responsible for making sure the players are playing with a strong effort?

 

LY, the blame fell on Tubby's shoulders. This year, it seems they are going to length to shift that same blame they heaped on Tubby's shoulders off of Billy Clyde's.

 

First and foremost I was never and will never be a Tubby basher so don't you dare lump me into that category. :mad:

 

Now as a coach you should know better. Do you break a players bad habit that they have learned in just 3 weeks? Not hardly.

First and foremost I was never and will never be a Tubby basher so don't you dare lump me into that category. :mad:

 

Now as a coach you should know better. Do you break a players bad habit that they have learned in just 3 weeks? Not hardly.

 

Didn't mean to include you in that category, just pointing out that these are the same problems that Tubby had. Maybe it was the players and not the coaches.

 

And he has had them longer than 3 weeks to work on work ethic. They have been conditioning for awhile and I remember legendary stories on Pitino and the development of an unbelievable work ethic that was created in his preseason conditioning.

 

You ONLY break their bad habits, if they come to that point that they want their bad habits broke. If not, they simply blame the coach and how they hate the coach.

 

Freshmen excluded, I stand to the point that I made last season. This is one of the basketball dumbest and selfish groups I have ever seen.

This team will get better...they might not be a great team but they will be a good team. They'll look back on this loss and laugh....The Cats will be ready in 2 weeks.

Didn't mean to include you in that category, just pointing out that these are the same problems that Tubby had. Maybe it was the players and not the coaches.

 

And he has had them longer than 3 weeks to work on work ethic. They have been conditioning for awhile and I remember legendary stories on Pitino and the development of an unbelievable work ethic that was created in his preseason conditioning.

 

You ONLY break their bad habits, if they come to that point that they want their bad habits broke. If not, they simply blame the coach and how they hate the coach.

 

Freshmen excluded, I stand to the point that I made last season. This is one of the basketball dumbest and selfish groups I have ever seen.

 

:thumb: No prob and I agree 100% with the bolded part.

No, Tubby just happened to be the unfortunate guy who was in charge at UK when the rest of the SEC decided to get its act together in basketball and stopped being UK's whipping boys. Please list all Tubby's losses to mid-major and low D-IA schools, because I'm calling shenanigans (bugatti 2002).

 

I can't remember the names of the schools, that's how bad they were, and I could write you a book on games Tubby lost that he shouldn't have.

I can't remember the names of the schools, that's how bad they were, and I could write you a book on games Tubby lost that he shouldn't have.

 

I'll be waiting for that book. Until then, your position is pretty invalid. Unless you're taking the unreasonable and unrealistic UK fan stance that the Wildcats should always win every game, no matter what. Otherwise, my point still stands.

I'll be waiting for that book. Until then, your position is pretty invalid. Unless you're taking the unreasonable and unrealistic UK fan stance that the Wildcats should always win every game, no matter what. Otherwise, my point still stands.

 

Vanderbilt has mopped the Rupp Arena floor with Tubby's teams in the past few years.

 

I had to listen to 8 Vandy students sing their fight song above the exit tunnel as my family and I exited the arena.

I'll be waiting for that book. Until then, your position is pretty invalid. Unless you're taking the unreasonable and unrealistic UK fan stance that the Wildcats should always win every game, no matter what. Otherwise, my point still stands.

 

Your point? I don't know if you realize it or not, but the SEC was very tough in the mid 90s when we were going to the final four every year, arguably better than it is now. Remember Arkansas? There were plenty of SEC teams that were in the Final Four during the 90s, sometimes 2 out of the 4. I don't exactly know what your point is, but if your trying to tell me that Tubby never lost to teams like Gardner Webb, than who's the one being unreasonable here.

I'll be waiting for that book. Until then, your position is pretty invalid. Unless you're taking the unreasonable and unrealistic UK fan stance that the Wildcats should always win every game, no matter what. Otherwise, my point still stands.

 

Send me your copy of that book after it takes you about 5 seconds to read.

 

I agree with Jim and that is unusual. :thumb:

Your point? I don't know if you realize it or not, but the SEC was very tough in the mid 90s when we were going to the final four every year, arguably better than it is now. Remember Arkansas? There were plenty of SEC teams that were in the Final Four during the 90s, sometimes 2 out of the 4. I don't exactly know what your point is, but if your trying to tell me that Tubby never lost to teams like Gardner Webb, than who's the one being unreasonable here.

 

Please list the BELOW MID-Major team that was 9-21 and picked to finish 10th in one of the lowest conferences in the NCAA that Tubby lost to?

 

WKU DOES NOT fit into that category. Penn State DOES NOT fit into that category. UAB does not fit into that category.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.