Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Casino's in KY

Featured Replies

So now that we have a governor that supports casino's in KY when will we see them start to move into our state?

  • Replies 215
  • Views 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So now that we have a governor that supports casino's in KY when will we see them start to move into our state?

 

I believe expect it as a referendum in November.

The sooner the better!

Where would the casinos be? Louisville and NKY cause that's where people are primarily bleeding into Indiana, right?

 

The more I think about it, it worries me. It was never real to me until Bashear won.

I thought it was going to be video gamming (Slots, video Poker, Keno, etc.) at the race tracks? I don't think KY will go for "All Out" Casinos like Indiana or Mississippi.

Ironic that in the same week that a Newport sheriff that was intrumentally in running the Mob out of Newport dies, we elect a Governor who is wanting to bring in one of the exact things that made the mob rich.

I thought it was going to be video gamming (Slots, video Poker, Keno, etc.) at the race tracks? I don't think KY will go for "All Out" Casinos like Indiana or Mississippi.

 

I'm guessing it will start out with "video games" at race tracks and then proceed to a few (5-6) free standing casinos. Where will they be? Not sure. I'm guessing Louisville, Lexington, Covington, Bowling Green, Ashland, London. Just a guess though.

Ironic that in the same week that a Newport sheriff that was intrumentally in running the Mob out of Newport dies, we elect a Governor who is wanting to bring in one of the exact things that made the mob rich.

 

I don't find it ironic at all. You have to take some pretty large steps to get from the mob in Newport to current casino gambling.

 

As for when we'll see casinos, I don't think anytime soon. There remains a large hill to be climbed. The last figure I saw, if I remember correctly, had more people opposed to casinos than favoring casinos.

Ironic that in the same week that a Newport sheriff that was intrumentally in running the Mob out of Newport dies, we elect a Governor who is wanting to bring in one of the exact things that made the mob rich.

 

What made the mob rich was prohibition. When that was repealed they had to find something else. But that was a different time in history, Look at Tunica Mississippi, which was the poorest county in the entire United States. Now the citizens of that county don’t pay property tax nor do they pay for water or sanitation services and they have 2 brand new schools. Now that is an extreme case that will never happen in KY, but casinos have shed the dark, evil, shady past that they had.

I'm guessing it will start out with "video games" at race tracks and then proceed to a few (5-6) free standing casinos. Where will they be? Not sure. I'm guessing Louisville, Lexington, Covington, Bowling Green, Ashland, London. Just a guess though.

 

I think Beshear offered a number around 4 or 5. I would be willing to bet that, outside of the horse tracks, they will all be on the Ohio between Covington and Louisville.

Nowhere near a done deal. Don't underestimate the power of the Bible belt. People wanting to vote on it doesn't mean they will vote yes.

Ironic that in the same week that a Newport sheriff that was intrumentally in running the Mob out of Newport dies, we elect a Governor who is wanting to bring in one of the exact things that made the mob rich.

You're taking a huge leap here in assuming that these casinos are gone from NKY.:sssh:

If it is a referendum I am hoping and praying that the opposition comes out in full force and defeats the measure handily. We don't need this kind of thing anywhere in Kentucky. But this is part of the moral decay that Beshear and Mongiardo have planned for our great state. Yip ee ii ah!

If it is a referendum I am hoping and praying that the opposition comes out in full force and defeats the measure handily. We don't need this kind of thing anywhere in Kentucky. But this is part of the moral decay that Beshear and Mongiardo have planned for our great state. Yip ee ii ah!

 

Moral decay? Do you have money in the stock market?

Moral decay? Do you have money in the stock market?

 

How in the world is the stock market tied into moral decay?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.