Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lou. St.Xavier 31 Cov. Cath. 14

Featured Replies

I don’t think it has been mentioned that St. X was without their two best players, Matt Smith and Duece Finch. Both the offense and defense are affected when those two are out of the game.

 

As for Cov Cath, very impressive. I really feel they can put a nice run together for the playoffs. As always first class fans and first class student athletes. We hope to see you back in the ‘Ville in a couple of weeks.

 

While CovCath didn't win the game, reading the above comment from you and others is what CovCath is really all about. The academics (blue ribbon award winning school) and sports programs at CovCath are second to none, but to me an alum, I love reading the comments about how first class our students and fans are. Thanks....

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do not think they wanted to win?

 

Cov Cath was well positioned for the upset.... Up 14 - 3 at the half. If they could have matched 70% of their intensity in the first half for the second half, they would have won this game. Play calling in the first half was very good for the Cov Cath. In the second, got a little impatient with the pass and turned the ball over. Woulda/shoulda/coulda just kept driving the ball via the run and would have been in great position. Cov Cath was in the drivers seat and jumped out.... St. X jumped at the opportunity. Cov Cath was in excellent position to bring home the W. As a X fan, I see it as Cov Cath beat themselves..... My hats off to them, they played a very good game.

It's been said by others, and I agree 100%, the missed FG and INT were huge momentum swings. Different outcomes on those two plays and Cov Cath could have won this game. Cov Cath's defense was very impressive, making solid tackles all night and really almost shutting down the X rushing attack. The Colonels walked off the field with class and a quiet determination for an upcoming playoff run. Good luck CCHS!

Does it matter?

 

Obviously it does not. However, I never did understand the logic behind the voting.

St. X is number 1, no doubt.

The interception definetly hurt. I thought the missed field goal for the tie hurt also. I did not like the play call on the int. No reason to go for it all on second and two. Should have stuck to the game plan, runs and short passes and screens. Those two plays were the beginning of the end.

 

 

To be honest, I didn't like the call either. On D, the coaches have to account for the TE in pass coverage. It didn't look like any adjustments were made. Also, the players need to figure out a way to stop jumping offsides. I think CovCath had 4 called on them in the second half. Still, to end on a positive note, these things can be fixed and next's week game should be a doozy.

The Tigers are definately the number #1 team in the State, I don't think anyone has the horses to stay with they for four quarters, the only team even close would have to be Henry Clay and they may make it interesting for a half , just like Cov Catholic.

The Tigers are definately the number #1 team in the State, I don't think anyone has the horses to stay with they for four quarters, the only team even close would have to be Henry Clay and they may make it interesting for a half , just like Cov Catholic.

 

X should be #1 for the regular season are the playoff favorites in 6A, but I think Manual and Trinity might have something to say about it.

X should be #1 for the regular season are the playoff favorites in 6A, but I think Manual and Trinity might have something to say about it.

 

:ylsuper:

X should be #1 for the regular season are the playoff favorites in 6A, but I think Manual and Trinity might have something to say about it.

 

I think beating Manual a second time around is going to be really hard to do if we can't get some of our injured players back.

The interception definetly hurt. I thought the missed field goal for the tie hurt also. I did not like the play call on the int. No reason to go for it all on second and two. Should have stuck to the game plan, runs and short passes and screens. Those two plays were the beginning of the end.
Not sure I agree with you on this. First time all season CCH has used a 2nd and short to try something down field. Int was unfortunate but with Isler's arm you have to let him go deep and that was the right time---wrong result.

^ I hear you on the timing of the call. just seamed that Cov Cath could move the ball without passing deep..... Water over the dam now, but it was an interesting call. Good luck to both in the weeks ahead.

Almost forgot, how much action did the X second teamers get? I know it was a concern for some going into post season play they get valuable game experience.

 

 

Anyway, it was a good, fun game and I'm looking forward to seeing the X-men in Park Hills next November.

^ I hear you on the timing of the call. just seamed that Cov Cath could move the ball without passing deep..... Water over the dam now, but it was an interesting call. Good luck to both in the weeks ahead.

 

BINGO!!!

I think beating Manual a second time around is going to be really hard to do if we can't get some of our injured players back.

 

I think it is becoming obvious that St.X needs a healthy team to make a run through what should be a least Manual & T. 2 weeks to heal up and get ready to roll. No disrepect but earning the right to face Butler 1st round is huge right now and key to getting healthy.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.