October 22, 200718 yr Bengals 7-10 on 3rd and the Jets were 2-11. The most important stat in football...
October 22, 200718 yr They also have lost to three bad teams this year. Huge win and turning point, IMO... Props to O-Line...
October 22, 200718 yr Does anyone else sense Rudi's job as a starter slowing slipping away from him? I could be wrong, but IMO Watson was the jump start we needed today and I honestly don't think Rudi can provide that anymore. Don't get me wrong, I looove Rudi, but I think that Watson is the kind of back that we need.
October 22, 200718 yr Watson looked sharp today. Nice to see the Bengals get a W, but the Jets stink.
October 22, 200718 yr Does anyone else sense Rudi's job as a starter slowing slipping away from him? I could be wrong, but IMO Watson was the jump start we needed today and I honestly don't think Rudi can provide that anymore. Don't get me wrong, I looove Rudi, but I think that Watson is the kind of back that we need.I would be SHOCKED if Rudi is back next year.
October 22, 200718 yr First time in a long, lnog time the Bengals have made adjustments at the half and came back and turned the tables and dominated the way they did...
October 22, 200718 yr Big game and a win against the Steelers and the Bengals could be back on track. Biggest game of the year, this Sunday.
October 22, 200718 yr I would be SHOCKED if Rudi is back next year. Could they trade Rudi somewhere that has a LB to get rid of?
October 22, 200718 yr Could they trade Rudi somewhere that has a LB to get rid of? Are you sure you want that. The last three years Rudi has the most total rushing yards out of anybody in the league. I think if the bengals D comes out and plays agressive like the did against Baltimore and the second half of last nights game, we have a good chance to upset Pittsburgh. When the defense plays agressive, it is like a compeltly different unit.
October 22, 200718 yr Are you sure you want that. The last three years Rudi has the most total rushing yards out of anybody in the league. I think if the bengals D comes out and plays agressive like the did against Baltimore and the second half of last nights game, we have a good chance to upset Pittsburgh. When the defense plays agressive, it is like a compeltly different unit. Did you see the defense in the games in between the ones that you mentioned. Denver has proven that if you have an outstanding OL, the RB can be serviceable and go for 1,000 yards. But the Bengals are going to go nowhere without a major upgrade of talent on the defensive side of the ball.
October 22, 200718 yr The stupid penalties are a killer and will hurt the Bengals if they continue against teams like the Steely McBeams...
October 22, 200718 yr Did you see the defense in the games in between the ones that you mentioned. Denver has proven that if you have an outstanding OL, the RB can be serviceable and go for 1,000 yards. But the Bengals are going to go nowhere without a major upgrade of talent on the defensive side of the ball. Yes, I saw a defense that was that was afraid to make plays. Now did I say the defense is great, no, but when they play agressive they look like a different team completly. The play good enough to let the bengals out score team when they pressure the quarterback often.
October 22, 200718 yr Yes, I saw a defense that was that was afraid to make plays. Now did I say the defense is great, no, but when they play agressive they look like a different team completly. The play good enough to let the bengals out score team when they pressure the quarterback often. The Bengals have won two games against teams that have either changed QB's (injured) or are in the midst of the "should we change QB's" controversy. Both teams are horrible on offense. So, I wouldn't put too much stock into how effective the Bengals D was against the Ravens or Jets. http://www.coachescorner.com/n_input/nnweb/scores/header_nfl_off_rank.htm Jets ranked 30th out of 32. Baltimore ranked 19th out of 32. GREAT THING IS LOOK AT THOSE RANKINGS AND THE BENGALS SCHEDULE. Still on the schedule: 32nd ranked offense, 31st ranked offense. 29th ranked offense. 24th ranked offense. 21st ranked offense. 17th ranked offense. The ONLY good offenses they have left on the schedule is the 10th ranked Steelers, twice and (I CANNOT BELIEVE I AM TYPING THIS), the BEST offense left for them to play is the 8th ranked Cleveland Browns.
October 22, 200718 yr The Bengals have won two games against teams that have either changed QB's (injured) or are in the midst of the "should we change QB's" controversy. Both teams are horrible on offense. So, I wouldn't put too much stock into how effective the Bengals D was against the Ravens or Jets. :thumb: Obviously we need our linebackers to get healthy..But the main reason why I think the Bengals defense has been so bad the last few years, is because we probably have the worst defensive line in football. Alot of people say our secondary is terrible, and they do mess up at times, but we could have all pro bowlers in that secondary, and still most teams still will pick us apart, because most games we give the QB all day to throw the ball..Yeah we got guys in Smith who will get around his 7 to 8 sacks a year, and a guy in Geathers who can get double digits. But I think the sack totals is very misleading, because what are you doing the other plays when your not getting a sack, and that is usually nothing. We never usually get consistent pressure on the QB from our D-line at all. And as use said the only time we have been able to get pressure on teams, is when we have played bad offenses, but even those guys we had to blitz alot to get pressure because our D-line just does not get it done. When we have played just decent offenses this year, that know how to pick up a blitz. We are never able to get any pressure on a QB, and of course our secondary gets lit up since they QB has all day to throw.. I think Marvin has done a very poor job at putting a good defensive line together, and that is what is killing this defense more than anything IMO...
October 22, 200718 yr The Bengals have won two games against teams that have either changed QB's (injured) or are in the midst of the "should we change QB's" controversy. Both teams are horrible on offense. So, I wouldn't put too much stock into how effective the Bengals D was against the Ravens or Jets. http://www.coachescorner.com/n_input/nnweb/scores/header_nfl_off_rank.htm Jets ranked 30th out of 32. Baltimore ranked 19th out of 32. GREAT THING IS LOOK AT THOSE RANKINGS AND THE BENGALS SCHEDULE. Still on the schedule: 32nd ranked offense, 31st ranked offense. 29th ranked offense. 24th ranked offense. 21st ranked offense. 17th ranked offense. The ONLY good offenses they have left on the schedule is the 10th ranked Steelers, twice and (I CANNOT BELIEVE I AM TYPING THIS), the BEST offense left for them to play is the 8th ranked Cleveland Browns. Well i can't argue stats.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.