Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals 38 Jets 31

Featured Replies

I will say this, if the defense isn't agressive, they have no shot of beating Pittsburgh.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:thumb: Obviously we need our linebackers to get healthy..But the main reason why I think the Bengals defense has been so bad the last few years, is because we probably have the worst defensive line in football. Alot of people say our secondary is terrible, and they do mess up at times, but we could have all pro bowlers in that secondary, and still most teams still will pick us apart, because most games we give the QB all day to throw the ball..Yeah we got guys in Smith who will get around his 7 to 8 sacks a year, and a guy in Geathers who can get double digits. But I think the sack totals is very misleading, because what are you doing the other plays when your not getting a sack, and that is usually nothing. We never usually get consistent pressure on the QB from our D-line at all. And as use said the only time we have been able to get pressure on teams, is when we have played bad offenses, but even those guys we had to blitz alot to get pressure because our D-line just does not get it done. When we have played just decent offenses this year, that know how to pick up a blitz. We are never able to get any pressure on a QB, and of course our secondary gets lit up since they QB has all day to throw.. I think Marvin has done a very poor job at putting a good defensive line together, and that is what is killing this defense more than anything IMO...

 

 

HSSB has made a point since July about the Bengals LB corps. They are the worse in the NFL. I am not sure that a healthy Jeanty, Miller, etc, etc does much to change the ability of this team's defensive efforts.

 

Maybe move their LB corp from horrendous to just plain horrible.

HSSB has made a point since July about the Bengals LB corps. They are the worse in the NFL. I am not sure that a healthy Jeanty, Miller, etc, etc does much to change the ability of this team's defensive efforts.

 

Maybe move their LB corp from horrendous to just plain horrible.

 

Well I think a healthy Linebacking core would make them better than what they have been. However it definitely still wouldn't make them a good defense, and that is because the defensive line is horrible...I mean if you look at all the good defensives in the league, they all have good defensive lineman in front of their linebackers...

Does anyone else sense Rudi's job as a starter slowing slipping away from him? I could be wrong, but IMO Watson was the jump start we needed today and I honestly don't think Rudi can provide that anymore. Don't get me wrong, I looove Rudi, but I think that Watson is the kind of back that we need.

I too like Rudi, but I'd be more than willing to trade him and Levi to fill some holes in the team. I'm assuming that the two Kennys are both healthy and playing well.

I too like Rudi, but I'd be more than willing to trade him and Levi to fill some holes in the team. I'm assuming that the two Kennys are both healthy and playing well.

 

I would not trade Levi. When you have a franchise QB, you got to have good offensive lineman, and depth at that position..

I too like Rudi, but I'd be more than willing to trade him and Levi to fill some holes in the team. I'm assuming that the two Kennys are both healthy and playing well.

I like Rudi, he's just nowhere near the superstar some make him out to be.

Does Henry come back Week 8 or the following week?

Does Henry come back Week 8 or the following week?

He'll return in week 9 to play the Bills.

He'll return in week 9 to play the Bills.

 

Maybe...

Maybe...

:mad:

  • Author

He can't come back till week 10 not 9.

Marvin said "maybe" in today's press conference about Henry coming back early to practice like others (Tank) who are suspended.

I like Rudi, he's just nowhere near the superstar some make him out to be.

 

It is hard to argue with the success he has had over his time as a starter;

 

the one caveat about NFL running backs is that when it(the ability to thrive) goes, it usually goes in a big way......and fast.

 

I reserve judgement on Rudi this season; the season is too young; he has been injured; the o-line is just now getting back into form with its front line guys!!!!!

I like Rudi, he's just nowhere near the superstar some make him out to be.

 

Who said he was a superstar..... he is consistent, he's not LT.

Who said he was a superstar..... he is consistent, he's not LT.

 

I dont think it is that no one thinks he is not good. Because he is a good runningback. I think just alot of us think that we could put someone else back there who could atleast put up the same type of yards in this type of offense, but also have the ability to maybe break a big run every now and then unlike Rudi...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.