Russell/Raceland predictions

RangerBob

Russell vs. Raceland. Who wins?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Russell vs. Raceland. Who wins?

Russell is favored in this game as they should be. They are a larger school. With that said I still think it will be a very good game. Do not underestimate a team that is hungry. I think that Raceland knocking off Russell would make their season.

I'm no longer concerned about the Russell secondary. Morris has fixed it just like he always does. I'm not so sure size wise that Raceland will match up. I saw on here that one poster said that Raceland was faster than Russell. That very well may be. Russell has no 4.5 players like they have in the past. But they do have a bunch of 4.6 maybe 7 players that can move to the ball well.

Should be a lot of fun.. The lawn chairs are ready.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it were me I would hold Jones out and let that ankle rest for a couple of weeks. Let Cordle take the snaps and gain some valuable experience. At running back I would give the bulk of the load to Bailey. Let him work it out and get Abrams some rest.

This game means nothing. Get ready for the playoffs. This is as good as a scrimmage to work on some different things.

I agree. Would like to see Jones start then take a rest to heal up. This would be a good game for Cordle to get some good time under center. Abrams is the work horse and the players love to block for him. Russell cannot afford any more turnovers. Russell is starting to look good and showing many different formations. Coach Morris will have these kids ready and each game they continue improve. And every game means something.

I hear that the Raceland PD will close down Rt23. n from 6pm to 10 pm friday night. And Rt 23 s for the over flow of Russell ARROGANCE.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:fire::fire::fire:

I agree. Would like to see Jones start then take a rest to heal up. This would be a good game for Cordle to get some good time under center. Abrams is the work horse and the players love to block for him. Russell cannot afford any more turnovers. Russell is starting to look good and showing many different formations. Coach Morris will have these kids ready and each game they continue improve. And every game means something.

I hear that the Raceland PD will close down Rt23. n from 6pm to 10 pm friday night. And Rt 23 s for the over flow of Russell ARROGANCE.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:fire::fire::fire:

I would love to see Jones go out for one series and then help coach. We need him healthy for the playoffs.

If it were me I would hold Jones out and let that ankle rest for a couple of weeks. Let Cordle take the snaps and gain some valuable experience. At running back I would give the bulk of the load to Bailey. Let him work it out and get Abrams some rest.

This game means nothing. Get ready for the playoffs. This is as good as a scrimmage to work on some different things.

I hope the coaches and players approach this week with the same attitude you have.

One Word.....

TURNOVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this could be the biggest key to this game.

Rams have nothing to lose.

Very few outside of the city limits of Raceland think

that the Rams have a shot at winning this game.

Most people give the edge to the Mighty Red Devils!

So RAMS go out and

give it your all.

Good Luck to both teams!!

I hope the coaches and players approach this week with the same attitude you have.

I hope they do too.That would mean they are concentrating on getting better for the playoffs instead of worrying about this ridiculous game.

I hope they do too.That would mean they are concentrating on getting better for the playoffs instead of worrying about this ridiculous game.[/QUO

It seems that you are the only one thinking the game is ridiculous. If the Devils are playing as sloppy as you have been telling everyone, the game may be more important than what you want to believe. And for the record, IMO a high school game should never be labled ridiculous.

^^

:thumb::thumb: Amen cville, it is all about the kids and not getting on here to critisize what they do or don't do. These (high school)kids (all teams) bust their butts all summer and in the off season and beyond with weight training, off season workouts, etc.,etc. and with practices eveyday, two and three a days in the summer and imo should not be critisized by fans, leave that to the coaches - they know what they need to do better than anyone else.

It seems that you are the only one thinking the game is ridiculous. If the Devils are playing as sloppy as you have been telling everyone, the game may be more important than what you want to believe. And for the record, IMO a high school game should never be labled ridiculous.

Here is my take on the game. Take it for what it's worth.

This game is just a bragging rights game. Much like the Russell/Ashland or the Raceland/Ashland game. This late in the year with Russell getting ready to face some pretty stiff competition in the playoffs we need the key players to be 100% healthy. If that means they set out this game and we lose it the so be it. In the greater scheme of things Russell has to start the play offs in a few weeks and that is what they play the game for. To go as deep as possible into the playoffs and for a shot at going to the carpet.

For the Russell fans would it be worth getting the star players hurt worse just to win a local rivalry game?

Ok i am saying Russell. As much as i love my Rams I think Russell can pull out tired bodies and put in fresh bodies. Like was said before it is numbers and turnovers. I personally refuse to say anything bad about Russell and you know something i would hope that as adults we can all do the same for both teams. Staying healthy and not hurt for the next game is the most important thing. As much as everyone would love to win how about remembering we are neighbors and i would like to see one of our area teams state champs.