Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 14 Highlands 7 (Freshman)

Featured Replies

I believe if the majority of the 7th graders that currently play on South Kentons pee wee team go to SK, they will have a class that just might match this in a couple years.

 

Will they be able to beat the Ryles, Campbells, Males, Trinity's, and X's of the class?

 

 

I hope so. Well, maybe not Campbell. I have to be for my own county.:D

  • Replies 60
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will they be able to beat the Ryles, Campbells, Males, Trinity's, and X's of the class?

 

 

I hope so. Well, maybe not Campbell. I have to be for my own county.:D

 

They've been successful, even with low numbers due to the middle school teams. Hopefully they can all come together well once at SK.

They've been successful, even with low numbers due to the middle school teams. Hopefully they can all come together well once at SK.

 

Don't rule out the contribution that the middle school teams are making. Last year, Summit View and Twenhofel had two of the best middle school programs. They played each other for the West Division title, and Summit View went on to win the Championship over Campbell County. Many of those 8th graders are on the SK Freshman team this year. If this year can be a gauge, it looks like they have all come together fairly well.

I'm not.. I love the three teams, it gives all the kids a chance to play and develop their skills.

Highlands fans, how would you characterize the overall talent on the Freshman team vs. the talent of the last few years?

 

You are such a stinker.:jump:

Highlands fans, how would you characterize the overall talent on the Freshman team vs. the talent of the last few years?

 

Guru I think the talent is there and legitimately with past years but there are other factors that come into play with this year's squad and those go without saying.

 

You can read into it on these threads, penalties, mistakes, committment, etc.

 

Somebody posted it earlier, this is a fork in the road for many. They either are going to accept adversity and tackle it head on or they will end up being the ones that coulda and woulda will show up after their names when discussing 10 yrs from now.

Final.........I want to hear some thoughts from Ft. Thomas on this one.

Good win for the Poineer's. Look's like your program's turning the corner. As for my Bird's, this group has as much talent as any of the last few freshmen team's at Highlands. They also have alot of growing up to do also. Too many unsportsman like pentalities. Maybe SK with this turnaround will start scheduling my Bird's on a regular season game. It use to be a big game back in the late 70's and early 80's.

Great win Simon Kenton, you guys played very diciplined football. Hope you guys can finally build some mo with your Freshman team and take it to the next level. I want to also give Highlands offense some props, the drive you guys took the ball down the field and scored was a thing of beauty. It's too bad you guys didn't throw the ball from the shotgun from the start, this game would of been a much different story. I know they are taught to run pretty much what the Varsity runs on offense, but when it's not working things need to change. Sort of like when Ky was running the option with Lorenzen!!!

All? I remember one or two. Simon Kenton played with more heart, discipline and brains than HHS and the game really wasn't as close as the score would indicate as SK was never really threatened. When HHS offense finally showed some spark SK answered the way top teams should. As a Highlands fan it is disappointing that the same mistakes and penalties that hurt them in their first game continues into their 8th game. As my son indicated after the game, there's going to be some people running tomorrow.

Congratulations to SK on the win and a great season. I love the way Crane runs and was also really impressed with the holes the offensive line was opening. Good job.

 

Doubt it! Seems to me the coaching staff is turning their head on some major discipline issues. I lost count on the unsportsmanlike penalties against the Frosh squad... but when one player gets two in the second half and the coaching staff inserts him back into the game... is beyond my reasoning. I thought that was immediate ejection from the game.

 

There is some talent on this team and this talent will see some action on next years varsity squad. However, the several bad eggs in this bird basket masks the effort that many on the team are putting forth to continue the bluebird tradition.

Doubt it! Seems to me the coaching staff is turning their head on some major discipline issues. I lost count on the unsportsmanlike penalties against the Frosh squad... but when one player gets two in the second half and the coaching staff inserts him back into the game... is beyond my reasoning. I thought that was immediate ejection from the game.

 

There is some talent on this team and this talent will see some action on next years varsity squad. However, the several bad eggs in this bird basket masks the effort that many on the team are putting forth to continue the bluebird tradition.

 

I have heard from several parents of current Varsity and JV players that the discipline gets tougher as these Freshman step up, and we'll start seeing it with Spring Football. I, for one, don't like this double standard. Why not set a tough expectation from the start, and then the transition won't be anything but smooth. It is extremely frustrating to the guys who consistently work hard at practices and during games when these problem players bring the team down.

Highlands fans, how would you characterize the overall talent on the Freshman team vs. the talent of the last few years?

 

Overall the talent is right there with the others. This team does not have a leader or leaders who will step in and control situations before they result in mistakes and penalties. It's already been mentioned over and over the NUMEROUS times this season that this team has shot itself in the foot. Hopefully this gets corrected via maturity and a few fun bunches.

Doubt it! Seems to me the coaching staff is turning their head on some major discipline issues. I lost count on the unsportsmanlike penalties against the Frosh squad... but when one player gets two in the second half and the coaching staff inserts him back into the game... is beyond my reasoning. I thought that was immediate ejection from the game.

 

There is some talent on this team and this talent will see some action on next years varsity squad. However, the several bad eggs in this bird basket masks the effort that many on the team are putting forth to continue the bluebird tradition.

 

They're not turning their heads as there has been a lot of missed playing time from some of their biggest talents this year due to disipline issues; but I agree with you for the most part. I do believe the offending player did not see the field on offense the rest of the game. That hurt us but I completely agree with the decision and also feel he should have been held off of special teams too.

Doubt it! Seems to me the coaching staff is turning their head on some major discipline issues. I lost count on the unsportsmanlike penalties against the Frosh squad... but when one player gets two in the second half and the coaching staff inserts him back into the game... is beyond my reasoning. I thought that was immediate ejection from the game.

 

There is some talent on this team and this talent will see some action on next years varsity squad. However, the several bad eggs in this bird basket masks the effort that many on the team are putting forth to continue the bluebird tradition.

 

Thinking about that last night, they must've called the second a personal foul facemask, not unsportsmanlike conduct. Sad situation...

From their record SK is obviously the best Frosh team in NKY. I know they have a strong RB in Crane, what are their other strong points? It doesn't seem likely anyone scores many points on them, so I assume the Defense is tough as well.

 

How good is the QB? Is he the heir apparent for the varsity.

 

Based on the last couple Frosh teams it looks like SK is going to be force in 6a the next few years. Especially with what the new HS in Boone Co. may do to some of those programs in the next couple years.

Doubt it! Seems to me the coaching staff is turning their head on some major discipline issues. I lost count on the unsportsmanlike penalties against the Frosh squad... but when one player gets two in the second half and the coaching staff inserts him back into the game... is beyond my reasoning. I thought that was immediate ejection from the game.

 

There is some talent on this team and this talent will see some action on next years varsity squad. However, the several bad eggs in this bird basket masks the effort that many on the team are putting forth to continue the bluebird tradition.

 

Regardless of a win or not, this is not how you play Highlands Football. This crap will not be tolerated next year on the varsity level. I overheard a Spring Sport coach comment last night, don't bother coming out in the Spring if you plan on acting like that. Not going to put up with it.:irked:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.