Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 14 Highlands 7 (Freshman)

Featured Replies

I was wondering how long it would go on, I was actually starting to get confused with it.

I think it's me. I keep messing up the quotes.:confused:

 

 

 

 

Hey it worked.:banana:

  • Replies 60
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been a very good week for Simon Kenton.

 

NO DISCIPLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!:irked:

 

That was the obvious. I just didn't want to have to state it.:irked:

SK has the best freshman team in Northern Kentucky, I believe they have earned that title. Highlands will still be great like always, but just maybe this SK team can do special things in Independence for years to come. I guess sweeperguy just underestimated SK.

I'm kind of curious as to where all the people who were saying that HHS WOULD WIN are. Anyways, congrats to both teams. Despite the fact that HHS will not be the freshman champions, just look forward to the next couple years because they will probably be full of plenty of victories and possibly a few trophies. SK, keep winning, and take home the trophy.

 

All? I remember one or two. Simon Kenton played with more heart, discipline and brains than HHS and the game really wasn't as close as the score would indicate as SK was never really threatened. When HHS offense finally showed some spark SK answered the way top teams should. As a Highlands fan it is disappointing that the same mistakes and penalties that hurt them in their first game continues into their 8th game. As my son indicated after the game, there's going to be some people running tomorrow.

 

Congratulations to SK on the win and a great season. I love the way Crane runs and was also really impressed with the holes the offensive line was opening. Good job.

I have seen many great freshman teams over the yrs but what happens to them at the V level? They beat everyone as freshman and then can't win at the big show. Why is this?

Congrats SK on beating HHS and posting claim to a spot in the championship. Good luck the next 2 weeks and keep on rolling.

I have seen many great freshman teams over the yrs but what happens to them at the V level? They beat everyone as freshman and then can't win at the big show. Why is this?

 

 

My mother was just talking tonight about a Highlands Frosh game years ago. She was leaving the game and lamenting on how poor Highlands had played. One of the refs over heard her and said, "Oh lady don't worry, they'll be in the state championship game when their seniors." And they were.:cool:

My mother was just talking tonight about a Highlands Frosh game years ago. She was leaving the game and lamenting on how poor Highlands had played. One of the refs over heard her and said, "Oh lady don't worry, they'll be in the state championship game when their seniors." And they were.:cool:

 

The Tale of Two Programs!!!

I have seen many great freshman teams over the yrs but what happens to them at the V level? They beat everyone as freshman and then can't win at the big show. Why is this?

 

Lots of things could contribute. Injuries, transfers, other teams catching up physically and mentally. However, while I haven't really followed it my guess is success at the Freshman level usually does lead to success at the varsity level to a certain point. I can certainly picture this SK freshman team making some noise in 2-3 years.

For both of these programs there's a fork in the road after freshman year! One goes left and wins, and wins and the other program goes right!

Sk is on an upswing as of late... It starts with the freshman.

Highlands fans, how would you characterize the overall talent on the Freshman team vs. the talent of the last few years?

Sk is on an upswing as of late... It starts with the freshman.

 

Right you are.

Right you are.

 

 

I believe if the majority of the 7th graders that currently play on South Kentons pee wee team go to SK, they will have a class that just might match this in a couple years.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.