Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 14 Highlands 7 (Freshman)

Featured Replies

I think what happened last night in Independence is a result of it "starts at home". Some of these ongoing discipline problems have been overlooked from day one (not at HHS but home). Hopefully a few BAD apples won't spoil the whole bunch. I'm confident things will work out for this class of freshmen in one way or another. It will take a little time. Now as HHS fans and really football fans, it's time to move on and let the powers that be take care of it.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final.........I want to hear some thoughts from Ft. Thomas on this one.

From a Highlands supporter, there's really only one thing to say:

 

Congrats to SK on a big win and a strong season this year! Excuses don't matter... SK scored 14 and HHS scored 7 when time expired... the team with the most points won the game.

 

The HHS frosh team by no means had a "bad" year... the standard was set high and there was a dip this year, to be sure. If that group of players can build on its strengths AND WEAKNESSES in upcoming years and become great team players, then this "setback" will be all for the better, in my opinion.

 

I think I speak for most HHS fans when I say that the ultimate "prize" is how strong the varsity squad is, and that frosh and JV ball are steps along the way to developing younger players into skilled varsity athletes. Keep your eyes on the prize!!!!

I think what happened last night in Independence is a result of it "starts at home". Some of these ongoing discipline problems have been overlooked from day one (not at HHS but home). Hopefully a few BAD apples won't spoil the whole bunch. I'm confident things will work out for this class of freshmen in one way or another. It will take a little time. Now as HHS fans and really football fans, it's time to move on and let the powers that be take care of it.

 

By the time they reach Jr. High the foundation has been set and most of the problem kids are too far gone. They gave em a chance and I was surprised many of them even made it this far into the season without being booted, ineligible, etc. I know its all about state championships at Highlands but I sure hope next year's staff nips this in the bud before they reach the field in the spring.

 

The bottom line is those kids need Football, Highlands football doesnt need them. I'm sure I am speaking for several Bluebird fans who dont want to post.

By the time they reach Jr. High the foundation has been set and most of the problem kids are too far gone. They gave em a chance and I was surprised many of them even made it this far into the season without being booted, ineligible, etc. I know its all about state championships at Highlands but I sure hope next year's staff nips this in the bud before they reach the field in the spring.

 

The bottom line is those kids need Football, Highlands football doesnt need them. I'm sure I am speaking for several Bluebird fans who dont want to post.

Well, if these are problems involving discipline (and I don't mean "football discipline" like maintaining blocking assignments but plain old discipline) then the HHS coaching staff needs to start kicking some butt, and HARD... and that's all I'm going to say about that.

Well, if these are problems involving discipline (and I don't mean "football discipline" like maintaining blocking assignments but plain old discipline) then the HHS coaching staff needs to start kicking some butt, and HARD... and that's all I'm going to say about that.

 

Or maybe they should just say thanks for playing we wish you the best in your future endeavors but we are above this and we can win with kids that want to dedicate themselves to the football program and the classroom. We have kids that know how to act and are willing to do whatever it takes to win State Championships.

 

Oh, I think I forgot to say Congratulations to SK on their season. Sounds like they have a very nice squad and with some very good Sophomores in their Varsity lineup they should make some noise over the next few years.

I think what happened last night in Independence is a result of it "starts at home". Some of these ongoing discipline problems have been overlooked from day one (not at HHS but home). Hopefully a few BAD apples won't spoil the whole bunch. I'm confident things will work out for this class of freshmen in one way or another. It will take a little time. Now as HHS fans and really football fans, it's time to move on and let the powers that be take care of it.

 

Agreed. It's amazing that after all this time this year we still have people in our stands wanting to argue that a well deserved unsportsmanlike conduct penalty was a bad call. Very vocal about it too. Truthfully, my wife and I smiled when the "14 to zip" chant went up. That is truly one way to quiet a crowd, sometimes.

Much was made of the weather and the field condition. How was it? I didn't get to make any frosh games this year, but reading the reports of "player control" issues is VERY disappointing. What in the name of Tom Alig is going on up there? Situations like that, which never occurred back in the day, would have been handled by his special "constructive criticism"...and a whole lot of PINE TIME!!

From what I understand these problems started from day one. If some of the stuff that I have heard is true, I want to know why these kids are even allowed to remain in the program. There is an obvious disrespect for authority if this nonsense was allowed to continue throughout the year. When I played there was a saying that there is no "I" in team so if the I's cannot become part of the team send them on there way.

Much was made of the weather and the field condition. How was it? I didn't get to make any frosh games this year, but reading the reports of "player control" issues is VERY disappointing. What in the name of Tom Alig is going on up there? Situations like that, which never occurred back in the day, would have been handled by his special "constructive criticism"...and a whole lot of PINE TIME!!

 

Field was fine. Don't remember anyone slipping at all. Where there was mud it was more the "sticky" kind that really didn't affect anything.

Much was made of the weather and the field condition. How was it? I didn't get to make any frosh games this year, but reading the reports of "player control" issues is VERY disappointing. What in the name of Tom Alig is going on up there? Situations like that, which never occurred back in the day, would have been handled by his special "constructive criticism"...and a whole lot of PINE TIME!!

 

Our "pine time" did not only mean the bench although it did involve our rear ends, if you know what I mean. Had one coach with a mean swing. Would be arrested now.

Or maybe they should just say thanks for playing we wish you the best in your future endeavors but we are above this and we can win with kids that want to dedicate themselves to the football program and the classroom. We have kids that know how to act and are willing to do whatever it takes to win State Championships.

 

Oh, I think I forgot to say Congratulations to SK on their season. Sounds like they have a very nice squad and with some very good Sophomores in their Varsity lineup they should make some noise over the next few years.

 

Booting them off the team would be the easy thing to do. But it wouldn't help them one bit. Highlands football has turned around many a bad apple. In many cases, Highlands football is and will be the only positive influence and structure in their lives. While I'm embarrassed by their actions, I sincerely believe that they can be turned around. The kids and their parents should be even more embarrassed.

 

I doubt you'll see them thrown off the team...they may not get to play much (as sophomores next year, that wasn't going to happen anyway except on the JV level, and they won't get get much JV playing time if they don't improve their behavior)...but they won't get thrown off the team. Being on the varsity team is a really huge committment, a whole another level of committment. And that level of committment doesn't tolerate the type of behavior that has been demonstrated on the frosh level. At some point these kids will grow up and mature...hopefully for them, its real soon.

Highlands football has turned around many a bad apple......

 

I agree. You shouldn't take away the chance for these kids to be part of something so special like Highlands football. These kids will figure it out soon enough. Give the varsity staff a chance to fix them and allow the players to gain that desire for a state title.

Congrats to SK. They were awesome last night and very deserving of their win. No excuses from this Sweeperguy. I immediately knew we were in serious trouble last night when I watched Sk pregame warmup. Very precise, disciplined, methodical and very sure of them selves. Great job SK coaches, you certainly had your guys ready for the Birds. I for one would like to personally apologize for the un-HIGHLANDS like poor sportmanship by some very bad apples. You guys know what Highlands football is all about and you know we dont play like that in Ft. Thomas. Good luck and if you guys continue your dedication and desire to win good things will happen in Independence.

Congrats to SK. They were awesome last night and very deserving of their win. No excuses from this Sweeperguy. I immediately knew we were in serious trouble last night when I watched Sk pregame warmup. Very precise, disciplined, methodical and very sure of them selves. Great job SK coaches, you certainly had your guys ready for the Birds. I for one would like to personally apologize for the un-HIGHLANDS like poor sportmanship by some very bad apples. You guys know what Highlands football is all about and you know we dont play like that in Ft. Thomas. Good luck and if you guys continue your dedication and desire to win good things will happen in Independence.

 

I was equally embarrassed last evening - we are better than that. Sorry our coaching staff tolerated such behavior. Perhaps they need some time out on the bench for letting the conduct drop to such a low point in Highlands football. No doubt the bad eggs develop these bahaviors at home. But the coaches should be in control during these contests and should take disciplinary actions before the officials toss the yellow flags into the air!

 

Good luck to SK in the championship game. You played like and conducted yourselves like champions Thursday evening.

  • Author
I was equally embarrassed last evening - we are better than that. Sorry our coaching staff tolerated such behavior. Perhaps they need some time out on the bench for letting the conduct drop to such a low point in Highlands football. No doubt the bad eggs develop these bahaviors at home. But the coaches should be in control during these contests and should take disciplinary actions before the officials toss the yellow flags into the air!

 

Good luck to SK in the championship game. You played like and conducted yourselves like champions Thursday evening.

 

Class post silver streaker, I wanted to see a different perspective from the opposing side. I never seen so many flags thrown in a game in all my life.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.