Simon Kenton 42 Russell 41

Big Fig

FBALL, I will take your statements for what it is worth, "Well minded great information on the Russell team". You speak with many, many facts instead of from the heart like many others. I hope that you would agree with me that it is too dangerous to overlook Mason County in the second round of the playoffs!

I don't think many of the Russell fans or players are overlooking Mason County. It should be a down to the wire war next week in Maysville. One of those too close to call games. I myself have said that Mason County was a team that alot of people in 3A are overlooking and it would not suprise me if they were to end up in Louisville. Of course it wouldn't surprise me if Russell or Belfry or Breathitt ended up there either.

I do think Belfry with that defense is the favorite though.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rfcinky, I meant the game that will be played in the playoffs. Against Mason. Everybody from Russell keeps looking past Mason in the playoffs and they can easily get beaten by Mason in the second week of the playoffs.

Sorry for the confusion about my previous statement.

Ok now I get it. It was my fault. But your very true about how people are looking past a good Mason team in the playoffs. It should be a good game if things go well for both teams. :thumb:

Russell's long standing hoem winning streak is snapped in this one.

I think that this loss may be better for the Devils than a win though, SK exposed soem things the Devils can correct, and also gave McGlone and Co. an accurate read of just where they are at right now, and what it will take to get the train heading to Papa John's....

Russell's long standing hoem winning streak is snapped in this one.

I think that this loss may be better for the Devils than a win though, SK exposed soem things the Devils can correct, and also gave McGlone and Co. an accurate read of just where they are at right now, and what it will take to get the train heading to Papa John's....

I don't know about being better than a win but it did show them some things both positive and negative. Russell was better on the LOS. SK started out trying to run and could not. Then Russell tried to stop the pass and could not. They are things that can be corrected though and this loss, though a very very tough one to swallow, is nothing to hang their heads about.

As for heading to Papa John's. Belfry, Mason and Breathitt all may have something to say about that. But from what I saw tonight Russell does have a chance as well. Actually I am encouraged and I hope the players don't dwell on a loss to a good 6A team. It was a tough way to lose a game that Russell really should have won.

I was a little surprised that we just did not kick it out of bounds. The pass defense was bad at times. Then good at times. We did have two picks. Poor David Bailey has to be sick. I hate it for the poor kid.

You don't kick it out of bounds because it does NO GOOD. Remember, the receiving team has the option of forcing a re-kick from 5 yds. further back.

This sounds like it was a great game to watch !!!

:thumb:

You don't kick it out of bounds because it does NO GOOD. Remember, the receiving team has the option of forcing a re-kick from 5 yds. further back.

This sounds like it was a great game to watch !!!

:thumb:

It was a very entertaining game to watch.

The onside kick was very questionable though. Dolly has plenty of leg to kick it deep and should have done so IMO.