Chad Johnson's Next End Zone Dance to Have Corporate Sponsorship

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the only reason the NFL would fine him, is that godaddy.com isn't paying the NFL. The article doesn't say anything about any props, just a dance, which is completely legal. Heck, the chicken dance probably has some corporate ties somewhere.

Sounds like the only reason the NFL would fine him, is that godaddy.com isn't paying the NFL. The article doesn't say anything about any props, just a dance, which is completely legal. Heck, the chicken dance probably has some corporate ties somewhere.

Didn't Jerry Jones not get fined several years ago for signing a marketing package for the Cowboys with a direct competitor of a NFL signed marketing package?

Perhaps I'm too old school on this issue, BUT, talking about what you're going to do when you score a TD, in advance, when you are 1-2 and stinky is RIDICULOUS. I have no problem with spontaneous celebrations (ala Steve Smith and Chad before his act was worn out), but setting up props and talking about it in advance is weak.

Made moreso when the team is circling the drain.

It's sad to say but I agree with you. Don't get me wrong I LOVE endzone dances, they are awesome but these "staged acts" are getting old. Now, if they are donating ANYTHING to charity by all means dance the night away.

If I was in the secondary for the Pat's I would take offense to this kind of crap and I would personally see that Chad didn't score. I would make sure the "feed the children" get their money but it wouldn't be because of Chad. He wouldn't score nor have the chance to t "Do that dance" "Do that dance". Even if it cost me a 'fine". OK for him to pay it why not me! To me this is what you set yourself up for. Remember the event in which Greg Lloyd had a problem with a receiver, he went back into pass coverage an just leveled him and he didn't even see it coming. JMHO.

I'd say I'm on the younger end of posters on this site and I LOVE flashiness in sports. (Whether it's ridiculous tatoos, hair hanging out of the helmet, getting overly pumped up on routine plays, trash talking, etc.) However, as Glen from Mason would say, "lemme say dis": Chad's act is old and just plain stupid. The Bengals stink and there's no reason to be planning out and announcing your endzone celebrations. Give me a creative TO celebration any day of the week over these stupid CJ celebrations/skits.

A. Who cares if they came to him? If GoldenPalace.COM asks LT to pull out a placard with their web address every time he scores you think he'd say yes? Me neither.

B. His past actions have conditioned them to do that; translation: he's made that bed. If he stops answering and starts getting the focus back on his team and teammates maybe that is a start.

C. Since he is dropping a bunch of key passes too can I worry now? If you get a zillion balls thrown in your direction because the offense is squarely on two WR's and there are no other options, I'd expect the numbers to be there. Again, however, if you are going to wear the "look at me" banner all of the time than knock off the drops on key plays.

D. Find a clip of the stupid yellow blazer on the side-line and watch the right side of the screen. Check out the reaction on the face of Eric Ghiaciuc....that tells me what the rank and file in the clubhouse think of his I'M THE SHOW antics. Worrisome....and easy to help explain why this team has chronically under-achieved the last 3 seasons (and probably this year as well).

Probably similar to my reaction...he hyped up his celebration and then that's all he could come with. It was weak...and on top of that, it took way, way too long to happen. For a TD celebration to be good, it has to be spontaneous...creative and right after the score. You can't run over to the sideline and pull a jacket out of a bag 5 minutes later...the moment is gone. He needs to forget about "planning" elaborate celebrations and do some improv...:D

I wonder how you will feel about this 15 years from now?

Either way, we have to agree to disagree on Chad/the NFL on this issue.

So are you admitting that it is something "the older crowd" doesn't get?

I'm guessing that if Chad is still doing his thing in 2022 I will be sick of it by then. :thumb:

So are you admitting that it is something "the older crowd" doesn't get?

I'm guessing that if Chad is still doing his thing in 2022 I will be sick of it by then. :thumb:

Not at all, I am saying it is something "the younger crowd" doesn't get about authority and business.