Chad Johnson's Next End Zone Dance to Have Corporate Sponsorship

GoDaddy.com's latest spokesperson is none other than Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson.

Following in the footsteps of Danica Patrick, Johnson will star in a series of ads for the web services company. The ads will begin airing this Saturday on ESPN2 during their college football coverage.

As part of Chad's agreement with the company, he will do the "Go Daddy Dance" for his next end zone celebration, which was originally done by Go Daddy Girl Candice Michelle in a Super Bowl ad (pictured at right, so it's doubtful that you are even reading this).

LINK

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GoDaddy.com's latest spokesperson is none other than Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson.

Following in the footsteps of Danica Patrick, Johnson will star in a series of ads for the web services company. The ads will begin airing this Saturday on ESPN2 during their college football coverage.

As part of Chad's agreement with the company, he will do the "Go Daddy Dance" for his next end zone celebration, which was originally done by Go Daddy Girl Candice Michelle in a Super Bowl ad (pictured at right, so it's doubtful that you are even reading this).

LINK

What article....:DOh My

This part is interesting:

Go Daddy is planning on donating $50,000 to Feed the Children when Ocho Cinco does his little dance, which coincidentally is the same amount that Roger Goodell will fine him for performing an "illegal celebration involving a non-approved commercial enterprise."

In my opinion, the NFL fails here by not making a preemptive strike. Goodell needs to be on the phone with the Bengals warning them and Chad that if he goes through with this the fine, at minimum, will be ten times the normal fine (and maybe more). And that fine would just be for Chad, Goodell should tell the Bengals their fine, for lack of institutional control, will rival Chad's yearly salary.

This kind of thing makes a mockery of the NFL.

Go Daddy is planning on donating $50,000 to Feed the Children when Ocho Cinco does his little dance, which coincidentally is the same amount that Roger Goodell will fine him for performing an "illegal celebration involving a non-approved commercial enterprise."

In my opinion, the NFL fails here by not making a preemptive strike. Goodell needs to be on the phone with the Bengals warning them and Chad that if he goes through with this the fine, at minimum, will be ten times the normal fine (and maybe more). And that fine would just be for Chad, Goodell should tell the Bengals their fine, for lack of institutional control, will rival Chad's yearly salary.

I'm with you 100%! It's like saying I have tons of cash so who cares if you fine me. I'm above the law. I'm glad Feed the Children is getting a check but it's pretty easy to see through the smoke and mirrors.

Wow, Grandpa Guru, relax!!!!!!!

Everyone needs to settle down about all this. It's fun...man I hope I never get so crotchety.

Perhaps I'm too old school on this issue, BUT, talking about what you're going to do when you score a TD, in advance, when you are 1-2 and stinky is RIDICULOUS. I have no problem with spontaneous celebrations (ala Steve Smith and Chad before his act was worn out), but setting up props and talking about it in advance is weak.

Made moreso when the team is circling the drain.

Perhaps I'm too old school on this issue, BUT, talking about what you're going to do when you score a TD, in advance, when you are 1-2 and stinky is RIDICULOUS. I have no problem with spontaneous celebrations (ala Steve Smith and Chad before his act was worn out), but setting up props and talking about it in advance is weak.

Made moreso when the team is circling the drain.

Do you really think Chad went after them? Or maybe GoDaddy came after Chad. I haven't heard him say anything about this.

Also, when the swarm of reporters come to him EVERY week and specifically ask him about what he's going to do I don't put it all on him.

I think that's Lap's favorite question, "Hey CJ ,what are you gonna do this week?"

Again, let Chad go, when he is not catching balls and not scoring TD's then let's worry about what he's doing. Last I checked he was leaduing the league in receiving. Maybe the D-Line and LB's should start planning celebrations if they can play to the caliber of CJ.

Do you really think Chad went after them? Or maybe GoDaddy came after Chad. I haven't heard him say anything about this.

Also, when the swarm of reporters come to him EVERY week and specifically ask him about what he's going to do I don't put it all on him.

I think that's Lap's favorite question, "Hey CJ ,what are you gonna do this week?"

Again, let Chad go, when he is not catching balls and not scoring TD's then let's worry about what he's doing. Last I checked he was leaduing the league in receiving. Maybe the D-Line and LB's should start planning celebrations if they can play to the caliber of CJ.

A. Who cares if they came to him? If GoldenPalace.COM asks LT to pull out a placard with their web address every time he scores you think he'd say yes? Me neither.

B. His past actions have conditioned them to do that; translation: he's made that bed. If he stops answering and starts getting the focus back on his team and teammates maybe that is a start.

C. Since he is dropping a bunch of key passes too can I worry now? If you get a zillion balls thrown in your direction because the offense is squarely on two WR's and there are no other options, I'd expect the numbers to be there. Again, however, if you are going to wear the "look at me" banner all of the time than knock off the drops on key plays.

D. Find a clip of the stupid yellow blazer on the side-line and watch the right side of the screen. Check out the reaction on the face of Eric Ghiaciuc....that tells me what the rank and file in the clubhouse think of his I'M THE SHOW antics. Worrisome....and easy to help explain why this team has chronically under-achieved the last 3 seasons (and probably this year as well).