Browns 51 Bengals 45

youknowme

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO Cleveland is not that far away from being a solid team. Very good TE in Winslow (mismatch problem), very good wideout in Edwards, another good TE in Heiden, strong back in Lewis, good foundation on o-line. If Quinn or Anderson turns out to be a solid NFL qb, they'll be hell to deal with.

IMO Cleveland is not that far away from being a solid team. Very good TE in Winslow (mismatch problem), very good wideout in Edwards, another good TE in Heiden, strong back in Lewis, good foundation on o-line. If Quinn or Anderson turns out to be a solid NFL qb, they'll be hell to deal with.

I agree however that shouldn't have been today. Cleveland coming into this game had to not have much confidence at all on offense, yet we sat back and didn't attack Anderson and gave him all day to throw the ball, and after he got complete some passes he got some confidence and that was it for our defense. You can't let a QB or a team get confidence like that, especially when they probably dont have much. I really do not understand the gameplan that we had coming into game...

Honestly, I know that two of our starting LBs were out along w/ Joseph relegated to nickel duty, but why is Bresnahan still the D coordinator???? Until our LBs learn to drop and cover the middle third, this D is going to continue to struggle on 3rd and long.

This defense has alot of reason why they will struggle...

1. Chuck is the defensive coordinator

2. They have no d-linman who can give a consistent pass rush. Yeah Justin Smith will get his 7 to 8 sacks a year, but amount of sacks dont mean crap if all the other plays you give the QB all the time in the world.

3. How many freaking miscommunications in the secondary are we going to see, this stuff happens all the time. Its getting really old.

4. Like you said the LB's got to learn to drop and cover the middle.

5. In the Lb's and defensive backs defense, no one can guard their guys for as long as the QB has to throw the ball.

6. Unless we decide to attack and blitz like we did against Baltimore we will get torn up because we dont have guys on the D-line who can cause a pass rush..

7. Chuck should have not even been brought back for this season...:mad:

While Chad had a huge day and one that should have been enough to win the game, he did hurt us on at least 2 plays. The one where he jumped unnecessarily and couldn't get his 2nd foot down and then the drop on the last drive.

Again, shouldn't have mattered but a)it did and b)it hurt the Bengals.

Re-read my post and you'll get your answer. He had a HUGE day. However, he had two key plays go south on him and it hurt the team. Period.

I know I saw that you said that but still. As much as he did for us today I don't think he can do much more. I know at the end he had one catch that was just ridiculous.

I know I saw that you said that but still. As much as he did for us today I don't think he can do much more. I know at the end he had one catch that was just ridiculous.

How can you say he can't do much more when he had the chance to do much more? You can't give him a free pass on two key plays simply because he had a great game. That's not how it works.