HHS vs Boone Freshman Game Change

tdyballgame

I think it is because the Varsity will be using the field in preparation of the "BIG" game Friday with Dixie. Did I say big, I meant to say "Meaningless"! According to some people!:rolleyes: Sorry another thread. Seriously, the Varsity will using the field.

Well, if it is due to Varsity needing it for practice, thats too bad. Just like it was too bad last week when they cancelled the Junior football league games so the Varsity could practice in preparation for Holmes. Just what a little birdy told me. Hopefully they reschedule those games for the kids sake.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something going on at HHS that they cannot play there?

From memory, which isin't much these days, last years Frosh game with Boone Co. was suppose to be played at Boone on a Thursday. During that week we had a few days of rain and Boone's Varisty team had a game scheduled at home Friday and didn't want the field torn up prior to their game. I'm guessing they want their home game back..............I say put in turf!:banana:

From memory, which isin't much these days, last years Frosh game with Boone Co. was suppose to be played at Boone on a Thursday. During that week we had a few days of rain and Boone's Varisty team had a game scheduled at home Friday and didn't want the field torn up prior to their game. I'm guessing they want their home game back..............I say put in turf!:banana:

Good point, forgot about that...

Well, if it is due to Varsity needing it for practice, thats too bad. Just like it was too bad last week when they cancelled the Junior football league games so the Varsity could practice in preparation for Holmes. Just what a little birdy told me. Hopefully they reschedule those games for the kids sake.

Speaking of little birdies; one told me there was talk about installing turf at the soccer field.

Speaking of little birdies; one told me there was talk about installing turf at the soccer field.

I heard the same thing recently. They better figure out a way to install air conditioning in those schools before they worry about anymore Turf though. JMO.....

This has nothing to do with the Frosh football game. But, if you ask the soccer players they'd rather keep the field grass for some reason. I know absolutely nothing about soccer but that's what I've heard.

WOW! Air conditioning in the classrooms, not being able to find room in the dirt in the valley to practice...what's going on up there.

Now..if construction equipment is on the field...by all means move the game. If it truly is for the varsity to practice, that's a darn shame. Those kids deserve the home game, IMO.

You get the prize Bird Hustle.:banana: :banana: :banana: This is exactly why the game was moved to Boone County. And it couldn't be on Thurs. due to soccer at Boone.

As for the turf at the soccer field, is that field in bad shape? It looks great if you ask me. The only people on the field is the soccer team as opposed to the football field which has band, jr. league, football, gym classes, etc. I can understand getting turf if you need it but why tear out a perfectly good field.:confused:

This has nothing to do with the Frosh football game. But, if you ask the soccer players they'd rather keep the field grass for some reason. I know absolutely nothing about soccer but that's what I've heard.

Isn't there an "in-between" option where they blow in the rubber pellets between the grass blades?

From what I was told, there was stuff ON the playing field for the 3rd and 4th grade games. They played 50 yards at a time, or something like that. It may have been moved by the time the older kids played because a lot of people were worried about it. It was obviously second hand info so...

Correct. 1 of the lifts was left in/near the field of play. It was moved prior to the 7/8 game.

I heard the same thing recently. They better figure out a way to install air conditioning in those schools before they worry about anymore Turf though. JMO.....

There was a recent article in the Recorder (I think). If they get turf, it will be privately financed.

It was a "Heat Index" issue. Varsity couldn't practice after school because too hot. Had to wait until later. As such, FTJFL got bumped. Unfortunate, but understandable. Games should be rescheduled.