HHS vs Boone Freshman Game Change

tdyballgame

You get the prize Bird Hustle.:banana: :banana: :banana: This is exactly why the game was moved to Boone County. And it couldn't be on Thurs. due to soccer at Boone.

As for the turf at the soccer field, is that field in bad shape? It looks great if you ask me. The only people on the field is the soccer team as opposed to the football field which has band, jr. league, football, gym classes, etc. I can understand getting turf if you need it but why tear out a perfectly good field.:confused:

The soccer field has been hit pretty hard with the hot dry weather. To keep it in good shape that field is closed for any activity except for the soccer teams usage. A turf field could open that field to all kinds of activities, including Jr league football. I think its a good idea, provided it is privately funded.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get the prize Bird Hustle.:banana: :banana: :banana: This is exactly why the game was moved to Boone County. And it couldn't be on Thurs. due to soccer at Boone.

As for the turf at the soccer field, is that field in bad shape? It looks great if you ask me. The only people on the field is the soccer team as opposed to the football field which has band, jr. league, football, gym classes, etc. I can understand getting turf if you need it but why tear out a perfectly good field.:confused:

Don't forget your Thursday evening visitors tonight Henry......:dancingpa

Don't forget your Thursday evening visitors tonight Henry......:dancingpa

Don't worry BH, Henry is ready for the visitors. After last Friday night's post game crowd, she's ready for anything. At one point last Friday, I was worried the Fire Marshall was going to show up and shut things down due to overcrowding. I won't have as many people show up for my funeral. So tonight will be a walk in the park for her.

Don't worry BH, Henry is ready for the visitors. After last Friday night's post game crowd, she's ready for anything. At one point last Friday, I was worried the Fire Marshall was going to show up and shut things down due to overcrowding. I won't have as many people show up for my funeral. So tonight will be a walk in the park for her.

Lets make that a Cake Walk.:banana:

Way to go Bird's! It look's like the offense came to life in this game. I heard that there were some personel changes on the offensive line. Keep up the good work. Maybe someone that was there could give more details.

Jacob Manning #51 started at Center, and did a great job. He consistently put the ball right where Abner had his hands, which made for an improved passing game. Keenan Wiegand #53 started at Left Tackle and did well. As a unit, the O line seemed to block better, both in the passing and running game. There is still room for improvement, but the progress was noticeable.

We saw the number of friends you had on the endzone bleachers with you last Saturday at Holmes..............I was ready to join you, but you headed out to watch Centre play.

We saw the number of friends you had on the endzone bleachers with you last Saturday at Holmes..............I was ready to join you, but you headed out to watch Centre play.

Smarty pants. While I sat by myself near the exit because I had to leave early, it did earn me a cameo on Dan Brossart's tape of the game (Dan is another smarty pants).

Way to go Bird's! It look's like the offense came to life in this game. I heard that there were some personel changes on the offensive line. Keep up the good work. Maybe someone that was there could give more details.

As pointed out, the o line looked pretty good. Abner threw the ball well. We had a couple of dropped balls that were right on the money. We have to work on that. Defense played pretty well, although Boone did have some success running off tackle. Boone didn't help themselves with all the fumbles. I do think we need to get the ball in the hands of the Bishop kid more often. Man is he quick and a really good open field runner. He had one run in particular that was really impressive.

All in all, I was happy (but not surprised) with the intensity of the Birds. They came out fired up and ready to play. I saw what I was hoping to see of Highlands players.

It was nice to see them open it up more last night. I agree that Bishop needs more touches. He is tough in the open field. I believe he's already had two long touchdowns called back because of penalties. Fun to watch.

A punt return against CCH for a score and and one against Ryle for score. Both called back because of a block in the back:irked: And some unbelievable runs last night. I agree the kid needs to get more touches!!!!!!