Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is anyone else worried about the Bengals with the health of Anderson/Jones?

Featured Replies

Willie will be in there. He played with a bad HOOF most of last season but seemed to grade out every week. He just didnt want to go through 2 - a days, can you blame him?

 

I am more worried about our defense letting teams slice and dice us. Tonight will be the test. If we allow the hapless Falcons to score on our 1st teamers more than once then we have issues. We have to come out tonight and play hard and roll the Falcons because no starters will see the field on friday night vs. Indy.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Healthy offensive line and the offensive will be a machine. 3-1 with KC, Seattle, Pats and Jets is not out of the question.

 

Offensive line consistently missing time and banged up throughout the season, MORE THAN NORMAL, and the offense is a machine with a miss.

 

OL is the KEY to any good offense.

I'm not arguing that at all. I'm simply saying that I believe it is overly optimistic to think that you'll finish 13-3 in this division, in this conference, with that schedule,,,,especially with that defense, uninjured of course.

  • Author
I'm not arguing that at all. I'm simply saying that I believe it is overly optimistic to think that you'll finish 13-3 in this division, in this conference, with that schedule,,,,especially with that defense, uninjured of course.

That is why we are called fans and this is the best part of the season for all when hope is alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (to borrow a phrase from the Clintons.:sssh: ;) )

I'm concerned about this season, but more about the defense than OL.

It's concerning but luckily the backups are quality players. I'll be really worried if any other injuries occur on the line.

The O line will be OK. No need for these 2 experienced players to rush back. It is a long season.

 

I do worry about the Defense. Nothing new- we always worry about the D. Until they can stop the run, they won't make any noise if they make the playoffs. I did say "if."

Levi is playing tonight and Willie would play with one leg cut off. I think they will be ok.

  • Author
Levi is playing tonight and Willie would play with one leg cut off. I think they will be ok.

Must had both legs cut off, as Willie did not play last night.

 

Didn't see much from the running game and in the 2nd half, they got to the QB a lot. Enough Marvin wanted Palmer, OUT!

Must had both legs cut off, as Willie did not play last night.

 

Didn't see much from the running game and in the 2nd half, they got to the QB a lot. Enough Marvin wanted Palmer, OUT!

Willie has a case of preseasonitis. He'll be there when it counts

  • Author
Willie has a case of preseasonitis. He'll be there when it counts

Than that is a bigger concern. A leader, one of the top 3-4 leaders of your team, skipping out on preseason, sure doesn't send a great tone to the rest of the team about hard work.

 

Last night, Carson and Rudi were making points that last year they lost games because they did not always work or prepare for games as hard as they should.

 

And now you are putting forth that Willie, again one of the leaders on the team, is skipping out on preseason practices.

 

That is a concern.

On 8/17 I predicted the Bengals would go 7-9 and was roundly criticized for doing so...I've seen nothing to change my mind.

 

Frustrating.

  • Author
On 8/17 I predicted the Bengals would go 7-9 and was roundly criticized for doing so...I've seen nothing to change my mind.

 

Frustrating.

As I indicated, Levi and Willie battle injuries missing practice and game time throughout the season and I think 7-9 is VERY realistic.

 

The ONLY WAY to overcome the defense is an explosive offense. Without Levi and Willie at 90% or higher, the Bengals do not have the explosive offense. Thus, cannot overcome a porous defense.

No one will ever change my mind...this is pre-season. I know people think the sky is falling and they haven't looked that good but I refuse to take anything from it...

  • Author
No one will ever change my mind...this is pre-season. I know people think the sky is falling and they haven't looked that good but I refuse to take anything from it...

My concern is not as much their play as a repeat from last year of seeing Levi and Willie on the sidelines too much.

My concern is not as much their play as a repeat from last year of seeing Levi and Willie on the sidelines too much.

 

There are a LOT of veterans that either fake injuries or over-exaggerate them to get out of camp. Some go through 'hold-outs' and 'negotiate' contracts so they don't have to attend. It's not like it used to be, when guys came top camp to get in to game shape. These guys come in to camp in better shape than when they leave it.

 

I'm just not as skeptical as most...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.