Is anyone else worried about the Bengals with the health of Anderson/Jones?

Willie will be in there. He played with a bad HOOF most of last season but seemed to grade out every week. He just didnt want to go through 2 - a days, can you blame him?

I am more worried about our defense letting teams slice and dice us. Tonight will be the test. If we allow the hapless Falcons to score on our 1st teamers more than once then we have issues. We have to come out tonight and play hard and roll the Falcons because no starters will see the field on friday night vs. Indy.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Healthy offensive line and the offensive will be a machine. 3-1 with KC, Seattle, Pats and Jets is not out of the question.

Offensive line consistently missing time and banged up throughout the season, MORE THAN NORMAL, and the offense is a machine with a miss.

OL is the KEY to any good offense.

I'm not arguing that at all. I'm simply saying that I believe it is overly optimistic to think that you'll finish 13-3 in this division, in this conference, with that schedule,,,,especially with that defense, uninjured of course.

I'm not arguing that at all. I'm simply saying that I believe it is overly optimistic to think that you'll finish 13-3 in this division, in this conference, with that schedule,,,,especially with that defense, uninjured of course.

That is why we are called fans and this is the best part of the season for all when hope is alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (to borrow a phrase from the Clintons.:sssh: ;) )

The O line will be OK. No need for these 2 experienced players to rush back. It is a long season.

I do worry about the Defense. Nothing new- we always worry about the D. Until they can stop the run, they won't make any noise if they make the playoffs. I did say "if."

Willie has a case of preseasonitis. He'll be there when it counts

Than that is a bigger concern. A leader, one of the top 3-4 leaders of your team, skipping out on preseason, sure doesn't send a great tone to the rest of the team about hard work.

Last night, Carson and Rudi were making points that last year they lost games because they did not always work or prepare for games as hard as they should.

And now you are putting forth that Willie, again one of the leaders on the team, is skipping out on preseason practices.

That is a concern.

On 8/17 I predicted the Bengals would go 7-9 and was roundly criticized for doing so...I've seen nothing to change my mind.

Frustrating.

As I indicated, Levi and Willie battle injuries missing practice and game time throughout the season and I think 7-9 is VERY realistic.

The ONLY WAY to overcome the defense is an explosive offense. Without Levi and Willie at 90% or higher, the Bengals do not have the explosive offense. Thus, cannot overcome a porous defense.

No one will ever change my mind...this is pre-season. I know people think the sky is falling and they haven't looked that good but I refuse to take anything from it...

My concern is not as much their play as a repeat from last year of seeing Levi and Willie on the sidelines too much.

My concern is not as much their play as a repeat from last year of seeing Levi and Willie on the sidelines too much.

There are a LOT of veterans that either fake injuries or over-exaggerate them to get out of camp. Some go through 'hold-outs' and 'negotiate' contracts so they don't have to attend. It's not like it used to be, when guys came top camp to get in to game shape. These guys come in to camp in better shape than when they leave it.

I'm just not as skeptical as most...