Is anyone else worried about the Bengals with the health of Anderson/Jones?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked a 12-4 or 13-3 record, but if Anderson and Jones are going to be injured all season long, 8-8 is more realistic.

Anyone else worried about the health status for the season of these two cornerstones of the offensive line and in essence the offense itself?

So, you're thinking that if those 2 have health issues, you'll go from 13-3 to 8-8? Wow!:eek:

So, you're thinking that if those 2 have health issues, you'll go from 13-3 to 8-8? Wow!:eek:

Yes. They are paid as some of the top OL's in the NFL for a reason. And you can't replace New York Strip with chopped steak and expect the dining experience to be the same.

Look at last season, when the OL was struggling, the offense struggled. No consistent holes for Rudy. Breakdown in past protection for Carson. No time to get the receivers deep. No speed running back to come out of the backfield and give a dumpoff option with breakaway speed. Tightend has to stay in and block.

You lose your top two OL and it would be the same as losing TJ and CHad. Bengals lose both of them are they worth 4-5 wins? Why would Willie and Levi not be the same?

Yes. They are paid as some of the top OL's in the NFL for a reason. And you can't replace New York Strip with chopped steak and expect the dining experience to be the same.

Look at last season, when the OL was struggling, the offense struggled. No consistent holes for Rudy. Breakdown in past protection for Carson. No time to get the receivers deep. No speed running back to come out of the backfield and give a dumpoff option with breakaway speed. Tightend has to stay in and block.

You lose your top two OL and it would be the same as losing TJ and CHad. Bengals lose both of them are they worth 4-5 wins? Why would Willie and Levi not be the same?

Because the Bengals have capable backups at the O-Line. The difference between the backups at WR and the backups at O-Line are far greater imo...

Oh, I'm not doubting their worth, I'm more surprised that you thought 13-3.

Oh, I'm not doubting their worth, I'm more surprised that you thought 13-3.

I could easily see it.

Last year they went 8-8, but were 5 plays from being 13-3. They had the games against the Chargers, Steelers, Broncos, Bucs, and Falcons all won if not for mental blunders.

I could easily see it.

Last year they went 8-8, but were 5 plays from being 13-3. They had the games against the Chargers, Steelers, Broncos, Bucs, and Falcons all won if not for mental blunders.

Don't forget that based on last year, schedule is much, much easier. Not finishing at Denver, INdy and Pittsburgh.

I could easily see it.

Assume you split with Baltimore and Pittsburgh, you have home dates with the Pats and the Jets and have to go to KC, and Seattle. Good luck finishing 13-3.

Assume you split with Baltimore and Pittsburgh, you have home dates with the Pats and the Jets and have to go to KC, and Seattle. Good luck finishing 13-3.

Healthy offensive line and the offensive will be a machine. 3-1 with KC, Seattle, Pats and Jets is not out of the question.

Offensive line consistently missing time and banged up throughout the season, MORE THAN NORMAL, and the offense is a machine with a miss.

OL is the KEY to any good offense.