Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is anyone else worried about the Bengals with the health of Anderson/Jones?

Featured Replies

  • Author
There are a LOT of veterans that either fake injuries or over-exaggerate them to get out of camp. Some go through 'hold-outs' and 'negotiate' contracts so they don't have to attend. It's not like it used to be, when guys came top camp to get in to game shape. These guys come in to camp in better shape than when they leave it.

 

I'm just not as skeptical as most...

IF Willie is skipping out on training camp and two of your key offensive leaders in Carson and Rudi have called the team out as not working as hard to be prepared during the week for the game on Sunday as they should have been, doesn't that raise a level of concern with you?

  • Replies 53
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some good news on Willie and Levi...I'm sure Carson and Rudy will be happy

 

ATLANTA - Willie Anderson and Levi Jones are back together, so the Bengals tackle situation doesn't seem as desperate as maybe it seemed sometime in the third quarter of Monday night's 24-19 loss to the Falcons.

 

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6227

Than that is a bigger concern. A leader, one of the top 3-4 leaders of your team, skipping out on preseason, sure doesn't send a great tone to the rest of the team about hard work.

 

Last night, Carson and Rudi were making points that last year they lost games because they did not always work or prepare for games as hard as they should.

 

And now you are putting forth that Willie, again one of the leaders on the team, is skipping out on preseason practices.

 

That is a concern.

I disagree. Plenty of old veterans have done and many more will do it. For most its a case of self preservation. If Tomlinson was a member of the Bengals would you be questioning him not playing one down in pre-season?

IF Willie is skipping out on training camp and two of your key offensive leaders in Carson and Rudi have called the team out as not working as hard to be prepared during the week for the game on Sunday as they should have been, doesn't that raise a level of concern with you?

No reps is difficult to overcome when you face the Ravens right out the shute. That doesn't seem to be the tone of this article.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6227

IF Willie is skipping out on training camp and two of your key offensive leaders in Carson and Rudi have called the team out as not working as hard to be prepared during the week for the game on Sunday as they should have been, doesn't that raise a level of concern with you?

 

No because it's not a real game. Most likely, they aren't playing now so they can be prepared come game day...

No one will ever change my mind...this is pre-season. I know people think the sky is falling and they haven't looked that good but I refuse to take anything from it...

 

I'm taking nothing from the pre-season games...that is why I made my prediction so early. My opinion is based solely on these facts:

 

* No dependable 3rd WR for first 8 games.

* FB is less than 100%.

* No 2nd RB to speak of.

* No TE, which is exasporated by point #1 above.

* Both OT's (as I mentioned 2 weeks ago) are gimpy at best.

* Worst LB corps in the NFL.

* Secondary is poor, and that is if Madieu can stay healthy.

* No consistent pass rush.

 

We knew all of the above before the first pre-season game, so their performance the last three weeks means nothing to me. I'll say this, I've seen nothing the last 3 weeks to make me feel better about any of the above points.

I'm taking nothing from the pre-season games...that is why I made my prediction so early. My opinion is based solely on these facts:

 

* No dependable 3rd WR for first 8 games.

* FB is less than 100%.

* No 2nd RB to speak of.

* No TE, which is exasporated by point #1 above.

* Both OT's (as I mentioned 2 weeks ago) are gimpy at best.

* Worst LB corps in the NFL.

* Secondary is poor, and that is if Madieu can stay healthy.

* No consistent pass rush.

 

We knew all of the above before the first pre-season game, so their performance the last three weeks means nothing to me. I'll say this, I've seen nothing the last 3 weeks to make me feel better about any of the above points.

 

From what Marvin's always said, he won't throw to him anyway...

From what Marvin's always said, he won't throw to him anyway...

Coats caught a TD last night.

From what Marvin's always said, he won't throw to him anyway...

 

Truly, that is the least of the issues. Listen Bro, I hope you and 5Wide (et al) are right and the Men in Stripes are 11-5. I'll have a blast at the game most weeks and maybe even get a playoff game or two to attend. However, I'm skeptical at the make-up of this team right now.

Coats caught a TD last night.

 

Were the ones in?

Truly, that is the least of the issues. Listen Bro, I hope you and 5Wide (et al) are right and the Men in Stripes are 11-5. I'll have a blast at the game most weeks and maybe even get a playoff game or two to attend. However, I'm skeptical at the make-up of this team right now.

 

I know, I'm just trying to chip away at your list of needs...:p

Coats caught a TD last night.

 

....and then dropped an easy pass right in his hands on 3rd and 5 that would have been a first down.

Truly, that is the least of the issues. Listen Bro, I hope you and 5Wide (et al) are right and the Men in Stripes are 11-5. I'll have a blast at the game most weeks and maybe even get a playoff game or two to attend. However, I'm skeptical at the make-up of this team right now.

 

H...Man I hope your wrong but you make some good points that will make me go Ohhh Nooo:eek: .

No one will ever change my mind...this is pre-season. I know people think the sky is falling and they haven't looked that good but I refuse to take anything from it...

 

Have you watched the D??? It's not exactly like they've stayed in their base D and that's why they stink. They've been blitzing a lot. They just can not cover anyone. Their Pass D just will not cut it this year. I mean, Joey Harrington threw for 2 1st Half TDs against them.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.