What are your top 3 favorite guitar solos??

Let's dust this puppy off and give her another spin around the block.

Here's a few favorites — not necessarily my top 3 — but faves nonetheless.

"Wishlist" by Pearl Jam — Mike McCready is an incredibly underrated guitarist, capable of amazing things while always in the background of Eddie Vedder's shine. But the licks he comes up with in this tune just flat-out soar. Especially the one right after Eddie gets done singing about "I wish I was the full moon shining off Cousin Gary's hood."

Cold chills every time.

"Free Your Mind …" by Funkadelic — Eddie Hazel nibbles around with it early on, setting you up for the killer stuff. Once you get to it — and you will know — I dare you to sit still. Amazing.

"Champagne Supernova" by Oasis — Noel Gallagher's opus, and one of the greatest tunes of the '90s. It hits right after the second verse, then again right before the last bridge, and the noodling in between is pure rock'n'roll joy.

Agree with the song, but the lyrics say "off a Camaro's hood"

Basically any PJ song that McCready has a solo in could make this list.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's dust this puppy off and give her another spin around the block.

Here's a few favorites — not necessarily my top 3 — but faves nonetheless.

"Wishlist" by Pearl Jam — Mike McCready is an incredibly underrated guitarist, capable of amazing things while always in the background of Eddie Vedder's shine. But the licks he comes up with in this tune just flat-out soar. Especially the one right after Eddie gets done singing about "I wish I was the full moon shining off Cousin Gary's hood."

Cold chills every time.

"Free Your Mind …" by Funkadelic — Eddie Hazel nibbles around with it early on, setting you up for the killer stuff. Once you get to it — and you will know — I dare you to sit still. Amazing.

"Champagne Supernova" by Oasis — Noel Gallagher's opus, and one of the greatest tunes of the '90s. It hits right after the second verse, then again right before the last bridge, and the noodling in between is pure rock'n'roll joy.

Just found out that McCready is huge Micheal Shenker fan.

Agree with the song, but the lyrics say "off a Camaro's hood"

Basically any PJ song that McCready has a solo in could make this list.

:lol: I know — those are what those of us from Gallatin Co. call "Randy Lyrics." Surprised Far Beyond Driven didn't pick up on that one.

I used to be obsessed, but for some reason I haven't gave him a lot of play the last few years since this thread. I haven't even heard the new album yet and barely listened to the last one. However, after going back and re examining, Zakk Wylde is still the boss of heavy metal modern guitar. These next few clips will show why, guys a master and can play almost every style. Can go acoustic, can do all the techniques, just a real shredder.