Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is This Boxscore Possible?

Featured Replies

Home 2 7 1

Away 0 0 0

 

Pitcher credited with a perfect game?

  • Replies 42
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have always wondered that...

Yes, if the home pitcher is credited with the perfect game.

No runs allowed, no hits allowed & what's the third one? Errors or walks??

If it's walks we know it's not a perfect game but do they count errors?

No runs allowed, no hits allowed & what's the third one? Errors or walks??

If it's walks we know it's not a perfect game but do they count errors?

 

Yes errors are counted. A pitcher must get 27 batters out without allowing any hits, walks, or any defensive errors.

Yes it is a perfect game. Let's say the clenaup hitter comes up in the top of the 5th, he hits a foul pop that the 3rd basemen drops in foul territory. The 3rd basemen would be charged with an error, but the pitcher would still get credit for a perfect game since no one ever reached base on him. The pitcher still would have retired all 27 batters he faced.

Is that boxscore possible? No.

 

The home team is always listed on the bottom.

  • Author
Is that boxscore possible? No.

 

The home team is always listed on the bottom.

 

Nice catch.

  • Author
Yes it is a perfect game. Let's say the clenaup hitter comes up in the top of the 5th, he hits a foul pop that the 3rd basemen drops in foul territory. The 3rd basemen would be charged with an error, but the pitcher would still get credit for a perfect game since no one ever reached base on him. The pitcher still would have retired all 27 batters he faced.

 

 

Ding ding ding ding.

I thought the runner had to reach base for it too be an error?

I thought the runner had to reach base for it too be an error?
Nope. A dropped foul ball is considered to be an error. I think its the only error you can have in a perfect game.

 

I wonder if anybody has had a perfect game after 9 innings with a 0-0 score.

What if the first batter of the game reaches on an error and the pitcher picks him off first and then retires the next 26 batters?

Nope. A dropped foul ball is considered to be an error. I think its the only error you can have in a perfect game.

 

I wonder if anybody has had a perfect game after 9 innings with a 0-0 score.

 

I thought, in MLB, that it was only an error if the batter eventually reached base during that same at-bat. The batter was still recorded as an out and no runners advanced so how can it be an error?

Nope. A dropped foul ball is considered to be an error. I think its the only error you can have in a perfect game.

 

I wonder if anybody has had a perfect game after 9 innings with a 0-0 score.

Harvey Haddix of the Pirates pitched 12 or so innings against the Braves and was the losing pitcher. The game was also weird because the final score was 1-0 despite a walk-off 3-run homer.

 

Two runners on and Joe Adcock of the Braves hits a 3-run run homer in the bottom of the 13th. Adcock passes Aaron on the base paths and the homer becomes a double and scores just the one run.

 

A truly bizarre game. Happened in 1959 I think.

I think Pedro Martinez also had a perfect game through nine innings and gave up a hit in the 10th when he was with Montreal.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.