Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is This Boxscore Possible?

Featured Replies

I think so. I have always wondered if the leadoff batter strikes out, catcher misses it, and the batter/runner is safe at first. Next guy hits into double play and the rest of the batters are retired in order. Perfect game?
I'd say definitely no because you have a batter who reached base safely. But sometimes I get confused as to when a batter reaches base, like in Sticky's example.
  • Replies 42
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know if a guy hits a ball into the gap and gets thrown out at third base, he gets credited with a double...I don't see why this would be any different.
Thats one I was also unsure about.
  • Author
Does the batter become a baserunner once he touches first base?

 

I think he is actually considered a baserunner once the ball is put into play.

  • Author
I would think no, because someone safely reached base, at least temporarily.

 

Here's a scenario:

Batter hit's a routine groundball to SS and the SS overthrows the 1st baseman. The runner hits first and makes a short quick turn toward 2nd, but tries to retreat to 1st base and is tagged out by the 1st baseman who retrieved the ball. He did not actually reach a base safely, or did he?

 

Still a perfecto, providing all other batters are retired?

 

Not a perfect game. The BR reached first base safely.

  • Author
I think so. I have always wondered if the leadoff batter strikes out, catcher misses it, and the batter/runner is safe at first. Next guy hits into double play and the rest of the batters are retired in order. Perfect game?

 

Scribe, this is no different than a batter reaching first on an error by the shortstop.

What about this scenario is it possible?

 

 

1 AB, 0 R, 1 H, 5 RBI

What about this scenario is it possible?

 

 

1 AB, 0 R, 1 H, 5 RBI

 

I've only given it 15 seconds of thought, but if that is possible, it is escaping me.

What about this scenario is it possible?

 

 

1 AB, 0 R, 1 H, 5 RBI

It's possible. Base hit with the bases load, 3 runners score. Next at bat he gets walked with the bases loaded. Finally, he hits a sacrifice fly with the man on third scoring.
What about this scenario is it possible?

 

 

1 AB, 0 R, 1 H, 5 RBI

 

 

 

Sure is. Let's say Adam Dunn hits a 3 run triple his 1st AB, and then he could have two Sac Fly's or he could walk twice with the bases loaded.

 

 

He would just have 1 offical AB since you aren't charged with an AB when you hit a Sac Fly, or when you draw a BB.

I've only given it 15 seconds of thought, but if that is possible, it is escaping me.

 

 

You know better than that.

You know better than that.

 

Ah, see, I needed more than 15 seconds. I was thinking of him ONLY having one AB. See...shouldn't type before you allow yourself at least 30 seconds of undivided attention.

 

Brain fart.:creepy:

You guys are good...This happened to Chipper Jones 2 weeks ago.

 

 

Yes, five RBIs and only one official at-bat, which is not easy to do. For the record, Chipper had two sacrifice flies and a three-run double.

You guys are good...This happened to Chipper Jones 2 weeks ago.

 

 

Yes, five RBIs and only one official at-bat, which is not easy to do. For the record, Chipper had two sacrifice flies and a three-run double.

Thank you, thank you very much.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.