Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beating the Heat

Featured Replies

CCH shows up a 6 a.m. tomorrow for a 7 a.m. practice.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I deleted it.

Probably a good choice. :laugh:

Playing pantsless makes them tough? I see...;)

Oh am I ever tempted to continue this one but out of respect for BGP rules and my membership I think we better let this certain subject just die :D .

 

On with Raceland football talk...........please> :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like it was already mentioned just practice early in the mornings or later in the evenings. I know Lawrence County was practicing from 5-9 to beat the heat.

The Mercer Titans will just take it indoors if necessary.

Practicing in helmets and shoulder pads and plenty of water breaks should be more than enough to fight the heat.

Very early tough practice and moderate practice late in the day

we (bardstown) are going fomr 7-9 this week instead of right after school to beat the heat.

Practice in our a/c cooled indoor facility.

This year Henderson has setup cooling tents with misting fans for players to use during water breaks. They also give 10 min water breaks every 30 mins no matter what the temps are. Everyone is gun shy after last year so they have put in a few other procedures to help. That said I am not saying I disagree with what they are doing but in no way will these kids be ready to play come August 24th when the temps will most likely be 95 at game time.

 

All things considered, they probably don't care that much...

Is that an invitation?

Schedule is full, sorry.

What about that first August game? Lots of substitutions? Deep teams will obviously have an advantage.

All things considered, they probably don't care that much...

Not sure what you mean.

Not sure what you mean.

 

Should've said, considering the possible alternative...

 

Referencing the tragedy last season. I'm guessing they'll take a couple of more losses to ensure everyone remains healthy...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.