Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset's Cole Picks Up D1 Offers

Featured Replies

Receiver John Cole has picked up offers from both Vandy and Stanford - 2 schools he is very interested in due to their academics.

 

Apparently the kid can run a bit. He's been consistently timed at 4.4 at all of the camps.

He's really good. I'm think he can play Division I football, but he might be more likely to play high-level baseball. But Cole can absolutely fly and he's really strong. Congratulations to the young man.

I talked to Somerset's baseball coach this week and he said that right now he expects him to play football in college.

Excellent receiver and Student/Athlete. Can't wait to see him in action on Aug. 24th at the Ray Correll Bowl...:thumb:

I herd this on the local radio station, and that he did very well at Vandy's camp in the 40.

I hope that he chooses to play baseball. I watched him play against my Rockets the last 2 years and he is unreal. Baseball is a real skilled sport that can sometime get in your head, Football is totally different. If you can run faster than everyone else and have a quarterback than can throw down field then you will have great success. I say that with no disrespect to Football intended. Hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in all of sports. I spoke to several area scouts at the Junior East- West game and every one of the major league scouts had come to see John Cole during the workouts. They said that Grundy at SHS never told them that John had made a committment to go to the Vanderbilt football camp that same weekend and had decided to miss the All Star game. I am no major league scout, but I know great baseball and Cole has all the ability to play baseball at the highest level.

  • Author
I herd this on the local radio station, and that he did very well at Vandy's camp in the 40.

 

They said he ran 3 consecutive 4.4s in Palo Alto.

I was interested to see if he would pick up some offers after those #'s he put up last year.

That's GREAT! I've only seen him play one time and he got off that game. It's great to see KY's high school kids continuing to get opportunites like he has in front of him.

Coaches at Stanford didn't want him to fly home. They asked about his grades and he told them he had a 4.0. They knew his numbers but I think they were shocked when they saw his performance, they were very impressed by his precise route running. Congrats John we are proud of you.

I dread the thought of Garrard County trying to tackle him this fall!

 

Seriously, though, he's a wonderful athlete and seems to be a good student. Best of luck in whatever college he chooses.

Coaches at Stanford didn't want him to fly home. They asked about his grades and he told them he had a 4.0. They knew his numbers but I think they were shocked when they saw his performance, they were very impressed by his precise route running. Congrats John we are proud of you.

Did John score a 30 on his ACT?

I'm not familiar with this player myself but, would it be possible for him to play both in college? Maybe a year into it or so he can decide for himself which sport is better suited for him in the rest of his college years.

Did John score a 30 on his ACT?
No idea:bunny:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.