Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Snakes

Featured Replies

Yes, my dog does all the above except roll in them. She's quite the snake killer...so far she's done in several large black snakes. It is interesting watching her kill them. First she plays with them then bites them til they are limp then slings them. I just stay out of her way. However once they're dead she has nothing to do with 'em.

 

 

You're lucky. Mine will roll around on it after the kill, or the day later with me not knowing about the kill the previous day. I don't know if he thinks the stench of a rotting carcass is the smell of champions or what. :creepy:

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so here is my fer de lance story. By the way, fer de lance are one of the most deadly snakes in the world.

 

We were doing a night insertion into the jungle in Panama. This is a triple canopy jungle so it is pitch dark by 6 pm. So we get to our camp with our guide and we lay down to sleep for the night. Well, as I was lying there, a fer de lance slithers up to me and curls up on my chest. Through clenched teeth I asked my guys to help me and they only told me to be quiet.

 

Well come morning the guide took a stick and threw the snake off of me. Needless to say, I did not get a wink of sleep and I had some anger issues that morning.

Hence your appropriately chosen user name. :eek:

 

You get my vote for Mountain Man of the Year this year. Wow.

Wow, T as N, the thing should have at least bought you breakfast the next morning.

Seen four or five black snakes, and only one copperhead.

Okay, so here is my fer de lance story. By the way, fer de lance are one of the most deadly snakes in the world.

 

We were doing a night insertion into the jungle in Panama. This is a triple canopy jungle so it is pitch dark by 6 pm. So we get to our camp with our guide and we lay down to sleep for the night. Well, as I was lying there, a fer de lance slithers up to me and curls up on my chest. Through clenched teeth I asked my guys to help me and they only told me to be quiet.

 

Well come morning the guide took a stick and threw the snake off of me. Needless to say, I did not get a wink of sleep and I had some anger issues that morning.

Good Lord!!!:eek: Why didn't the guide throw the snake off you that night????

I've killed 1 copperhead this year and I've seen several black snakes. Neighbor killed a rattle snake.
I think the Rattler is still a protected species and your neighbor may owe the Government like 5 grand.:confused:

I could be wrong about that though.

 

We use to catch and release one night in a camp site I caught 14 cooperheads and a black racer it was a warm humid night in June and something was up because the whole area was crawling. Our snake bucket was so full it was scary because they were using each other to climb out of it.

I think the Rattler is still a protected species and your neighbor may owe the Government like 5 grand.:confused:

I could be wrong about that though.

 

We use to catch and release one night in a camp site I caught 14 cooperheads and a black racer it was a warm humid night in June and something was up because the whole area was crawling. Our snake bucket was so full it was scary because they were using each other to climb out of it.

If that's the case then the folks who live in the Upper Buffalo section of Owsley County will owe a million dollars by the end of the summer.

Being to close to a venomous snake is one SCARY feeling. I was weedeating a hill with one of my friends for his dad. He was about 10 feet down the hill from me when I heard him cut his weedeater off. Without turning my machine off, I looked at him to ask him what he was doing. All he said was, "Copperhead"..... I looked down to see a copperhead coiled directly between my feet. I was almost literally standing on it! I highstepped like Deion Sanders and my buddy grabbed a shovel and killed it. It was about 3 feet long, so needless to say I was done weedeating for the day.

  • Author
Being to close to a venomous snake is one SCARY feeling. I was weedeating a hill with one of my friends for his dad. He was about 10 feet down the hill from me when I heard him cut his weedeater off. Without turning my machine off, I looked at him to ask him what he was doing. All he said was, "Copperhead"..... I looked down to see a copperhead coiled directly between my feet. I was almost literally standing on it! I highstepped like Deion Sanders and my buddy grabbed a shovel and killed it. It was about 3 feet long, so needless to say I was done weedeating for the day.

That would have been a great endzone dance.:lol:

I don't thiunk I would weed-eat there again.:eek:

I've got a Garter snake that lives around my garage. I've only seen it a couple of times and my wife has seen it a couple of times. I saw a pretty good size black snake on my in-laws place a coulpe of weeks ago and 2 water snakes at Grayson Lake back earlier in the summer. That's about normal for me for a year.

To me EVERY snake is either a copperhead or a rattlesnake

:thumb: :thumb: I ain't afraid of but two things and snakes is both of them. :D

If that's the case then the folks who live in the Upper Buffalo section of Owsley County will owe a million dollars by the end of the summer.

The national Debt could be paid off with the collection of fines over the past 50 years.:D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.