Setting up a bowl game?

Does it have to be approved by the KHSAA? Do the visiting teams always get money from the bowl's? We have a local place interested in sponsoring one and I wanted to make sure we go through all the hoops if there are any the right way. If you have to contact the KHSAA about it then who do you contact? Also I'd love to hear about any other things that have made bowls nice that you have been too. I know Corbin had a nice golf tourny for the coaches etc several years back.

The company said they would do T-shirts etc so I just want to make sure everything is done the right way.

Does it have to be approved by the KHSAA? Do the visiting teams always get money from the bowl's? We have a local place interested in sponsoring one and I wanted to make sure we go through all the hoops if there are any the right way. If you have to contact the KHSAA about it then who do you contact? Also I'd love to hear about any other things that have made bowls nice that you have been too. I know Corbin had a nice golf tourny for the coaches etc several years back.

The company said they would do T-shirts etc so I just want to make sure everything is done the right way.

Approval is not necessary other than following the KSHAA rules for scheduling a game.

Visiting teams do get money from the bowls.......the more money the higher profile teams usually.

I started a Bowl Game 10 years ago and it has been used since as a Booster Club fundraiser. Make sure you schedule teams that travel well and that your sponsor is contributing more than just t-shirts. It is not worth the time and effort if you can't make money (or recognition or whatever your reason for having it is) so keep that in mind as you discuss this with your local sponsor.

Here is my experience.....

Any games, involving neighboring states, must have the KHSAA and that state approval. Any games involving out of state and they aren't neighboring Kentucky, must also have NFHS approval.

At the KHSAA, you can contact Marilyn Mitchell. As for the NFHS, you can visit the website at www.NFHS.org and then, under "Sports" click on Sanctioning.

Currently, only two schools Owensboro and Lex. Catholic, have sanctioned events for this year, through the NFHS.