July 4, 200719 yr Author So what might a UK fan get that he/she cannot get in the Post, Enquirer, CJ, LHL, BGP, kentuckysportsradio.com, catspause.com, ukinsider.com, etc? Um. catspause.com is a Rivals site...
July 4, 200719 yr Um. catspause.com is a Rivals site... I only read the free stuff. So, what am I missing by not buying the Rivals service?
July 4, 200719 yr Author I only read the free stuff. So, what am I missing by not buying the Rivals service? Here's a few of the things we do at the UC site. Full length audio and video interviews. Game, practice and summer league video highlights, and photo features. Travel to AAU events across the country and see the events with our own eyes. Use those events to build relationships with coaches and players so we can get interviews down the road. I do my best to stay out of the recruiting stuff, but I have to write and cover every aspect of UC sports. I think Maggard and Jones have changed the game a bit, but that's easy to do with your own long time scouting service to NCAA teams and a booming radio and online show. Add in covering UK and the sponsorship that brings with great information and a free site like you get with a Rivals subscription can happen. With that even Maggard is going to have a pay portion of his forum for exclusive on-line content that he has to outsource and pay for the work...
July 4, 200719 yr Some of the sites are ridiculous. I pay for the Rivals site and get the Scout site subscription for free. Im close to cancelling the Rivals subscription because the UK Scout site is better in my opinion. The interviews and video is something I seldom watch. You can find video on kids anywhere without having to pay for it. The recruiting sites are the ones that are ridiculous...Clark Francis wants to charge close to $500 for his site, but that is mostly paid for by the coaches. As for rankings...it is early, some of the gurus long in the tooth who have been doing them for years, such as the guys at Hoopmasters with Gibbons and guys like Brick Oettenger and Van Coleman are names that I trust in evaluating kids. Jerry Meyer does a decent job, but I like Dave Telep and Mike Sullivan. Coleman and Oettenger have very favorable opinions on KC Ross Miller.
July 4, 200719 yr No bother... Whether they're ranked top 25 or not, from what I've heard of these kids they are the kind of guys I want carrying the program forward... Along with Rotnei Clarke next season. These guys have very good heads on their shoulders. Just curious, How do you pronounce Rotnei? Could someone post a phonetic spelling?
July 4, 200719 yr Just curious, How do you pronounce Rotnei? Could someone post a phonetic spelling? Rot-Nee
July 4, 200719 yr Some of the sites are ridiculous. I pay for the Rivals site and get the Scout site subscription for free. Im close to cancelling the Rivals subscription because the UK Scout site is better in my opinion. The interviews and video is something I seldom watch. You can find video on kids anywhere without having to pay for it. The recruiting sites are the ones that are ridiculous...Clark Francis wants to charge close to $500 for his site, but that is mostly paid for by the coaches. As for rankings...it is early, some of the gurus long in the tooth who have been doing them for years, such as the guys at Hoopmasters with Gibbons and guys like Brick Oettenger and Van Coleman are names that I trust in evaluating kids. Jerry Meyer does a decent job, but I like Dave Telep and Mike Sullivan. Coleman and Oettenger have very favorable opinions on KC Ross Miller. I have scout for Nebraska and rivals for UK, only reason I even keep the rivals one is so I can read the articles, the info that i get from catspause I can get from otherplaces for free.
July 5, 200719 yr If I remember right MJ didn't make his freshmen team, so anything can happen kids that are not on the radar will grow5-6 inches an be all-americans by 2010 MJ did make his Freshman team, was "cut" from the varsity team his Soph. year, but played JV. This is a common misconception.
July 5, 200719 yr Well from everything I have been hearing KC Ross Miller was supposedly a big time player in his class up until Meyer's comments. As for Euton I think he was right on with him. I think he will be solid, but I don't see him being a big time recruit either.
July 5, 200719 yr Author Well from everything I have been hearing KC Ross Miller was supposedly a big time player in his class up until Meyer's comments. Based on the elite ranking from Hoop Scoop???
July 5, 200719 yr Based on the elite ranking from Hoop Scoop??? What you dont like CITD's rankings and player eval?:jump:
July 5, 200719 yr Author What you dont like CITD's rankings and player eval?:jump: I'm sure having his dad on staff at Hoop Scoop helps a bit...
July 5, 200719 yr Neither look like five-stars from what I have seen but they are solid players. They can be pieces to a winning puzzle and I'm sure they will continue to improve and get better, especially under Gillispie's guidance. I don't take those comments as not being positive. A lot of people think those two are already top players in their class (BCG being one of them). So imagine if they continue to get better, as Meyer says he is sure they will do. On a side note, looks like BCG's huge success so far is getting on the nerves of the non-UK fans. Good.
July 5, 200719 yr Author On a side note, looks like BCG's huge success so far is getting on the nerves of the non-UK fans. Good. Not from me. Just the annoying section of the fan base that over hypes every kid beyond comprehension...
July 5, 200719 yr Not from me. Just the annoying section of the fan base that over hypes every kid beyond comprehension... As you know, nature of the beast, my man...The annoying section of other teams' fan bases don't seem to bother you... j/k, I'm just giddy because I am getting out of town tonight...:banana:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.