Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rivals Jerry Meyer On Euton And KC Miller

Featured Replies

Neither look like five-stars from what I have seen but they are solid players. They can be pieces to a winning puzzle and I'm sure they will continue to improve and get better, especially under Gillispie's guidance.

 

Looks like neither will be Top 25 players when the Rivals 2010 rankings are released...

  • Replies 66
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How often, are the Ratings increased or decreased, in the course of a season GT?

 

I would presume, that not all players can be seen, other than at summer camps and once the ratings are published, is there a chance for a player to either climb the ladder or descend.

  • Author
How often, are the Ratings increased or decreased, in the course of a season GT?

 

I would presume, that not all players can be seen, other than at summer camps and once the ratings are published, is there a chance for a player to either climb the ladder or descend.

There is no real set time that rankings are updated, but it's usually done 4 or 5 times a year. 2010 has yet to be ranked by Rivals or Scout, so this is the first we've heard from Meyer on either player...

There is no real set time that rankings are updated, but it's usually done 4 or 5 times a year. 2010 has yet to be ranked by Rivals or Scout, so this is the first we've heard from Meyer on either player...
.....:thumb:

 

I'll assume the ranking services, rely on visual and written reviews of players, since they can't travel across the country and logistic problems. If that is the case, can a bad written review of a player, who may not be seen in high profile tournaments, drop them rankings wise, on a national level and likewise, a favorable review, help elevate.

 

If so, Euton will certainly be scrutinized by the local media and the two big daily newspapers in Kentucky, since his verbal commitment. That can be a tremendous burden to carry, for such a young student-athlete.

 

I wish him, Rose Hill and the team great success.

No bother... Whether they're ranked top 25 or not, from what I've heard of these kids they are the kind of guys I want carrying the program forward... Along with Rotnei Clarke next season. These guys have very good heads on their shoulders.

  • Author
.....:thumb:

 

I'll assume the ranking services, rely on visual and written reviews of players, since they can't travel across the country and logistic problems. If that is the case, can a bad written review of a player, who may not be seen in high profile tournaments, drop them rankings wise, on a national level and likewise, a favorable review, help elevate.

 

If so, Euton will certainly be scrutinized by the local media and the two big daily newspapers in Kentucky, since his verbal commitment. That can be a tremendous burden to carry, for such a young student-athlete.

 

I wish him, Rose Hill and the team great success.

Meyer only gives direct quotes like that on players he's seen in person. He, along with Justin Young, are out on the recruiting trail full time..

Meyer only gives direct quotes like that on players he's seen in person. He, along with Justin Young, are out on the recruiting trail full time..
That is something, I've always wanted to do also. Be involved with player evaluation and promotion, on a full-time basis.

 

I just hope the fans across Kentucky, give Euton a chance to be a High School player first, then grow into his role as a Wildcat, down the road.

  • Author
That is something, I've always wanted to do also. Be involved with player evaluation and promotion, on a full-time basis.

 

I just hope the fans across Kentucky, give Euton a chance to be a High School player first, then grow into his role as a Wildcat, down the road.

I agree. That's why I'm turning down the hype machine a bit with this thread... ;)

There is no human alive that can see every player enough to make an accurate assessment as to how good one player is relative to another. Somehow fans have lost their mind over the years , care about these rankings, and then actually pay hard-earned dollars for this "service."

There is no human alive that can see every player enough to make an accurate assessment as to how good one player is relative to another. Somehow fans have lost their mind over the years , care about these rankings, and then actually pay hard-earned dollars for this "service."

 

:thumb: Right on.

  • Author
There is no human alive that can see every player enough to make an accurate assessment as to how good one player is relative to another. Somehow fans have lost their mind over the years , care about these rankings, and then actually pay hard-earned dollars for this "service."

Rankings are a free service...

I think these commits mean a whole lot more to UK in terms of program stability. These guys may not be at the top of their class, but what it says to me is that Billy G has brought recognition back to UK. We now have HS sophomores and juniors eyeing UK rather than hoping that we wooed a senior enough in the fall semester to get him to sign in the spring.

 

BCG is going to have some homeruns, but he will have a lot of strikeouts, too. I look at these two guys as solid base-hits for right now. But let's keep the main thing the main thing- BCG has breathed new life into UK basketball and it is a welcome relief.

Neither look like five-stars from what I have seen but they are solid players. They can be pieces to a winning puzzle and I'm sure they will continue to improve and get better, especially under Gillispie's guidance.

 

Looks like neither will be Top 25 players when the Rivals 2010 rankings are released...

 

Which means absolutely nothing, of course...

  • Author
Which means absolutely nothing, of course...

Which would be true if so many people weren't touting them as Top 10 players in the class...

Which would be true if so many people weren't touting them as Top 10 players in the class...

 

It's still true even if people are touting them as Top 10 players. None of it means anything. It's great that the excitement is back in the program that has been missing lately.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.