Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CBC - Stop all the guards for awhile

Featured Replies

Based on "guards win titles" why didn't Villanova win two years ago? That's the path UK is on if they don't get more guys in the paint...

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It does take a complete roster. I'm not arguing that. And Conley didn't make Green look like a bum. He may have outscored him, but anybody who knows anything at all about basketball knows that is a very small part of what it takes to WIN. We are going to keep disagreeing on this so there is no point in it to go any further...:thumb:

So you take a veiled shot that "I don't know anything about basketball" and then take your ball and go home? Not cool my Sig Ep brother... :walk:

So you take a veiled shot that "I don't know anything about basketball" and then take your ball and go home? Not cool my Sig Ep brother... :walk:

 

See I wasn't taking a shot at you!!! You took that the wrong way my man!!!...:thumb:

Villanova was loaded with guards but they also had Jay Wright as their head coach. You are right, a team has to be built from top to bottom. I think BCG is looking to get the majority of his scoring from the guard spot and having his bigs to be the defensive, rebounding minded players! Which could come to bite him in certain situations!

Based on "guards win titles" why didn't Villanova win two years ago? That's the path UK is on if they don't get more guys in the paint...

:thumb: This is also why the 3 guard tandem of Deron Williams, Luther Head, and Dee Brown LOST to Sean May and the Tar Heels in '05.

No one player wins championships. It takes 3 or 4 solid players with some nice role players around them and a few fresh legs off the bench.

:thumb: This is also why the 3 guard tandem of Deron Williams, Luther Head, and Dee Brown LOST to Sean May and the Tar Heels in '05.

 

That Sean May team also had Felton and McCants on there too though! It takes more than just a couple of players to win an NCAA championship. I think it may have been Bob Knight that once said "To win the NCAA championship, you have to have a starting lineup of 3 future NBA caliber players, and 2 SOLID role players!" I love BGP arguments! :thumb:

Big guys win championships bottom line end of story.

 

 

Great 3/wings win championships...........Melo, Brewer,.....

Are we forgetting that Florida also had an NBA draft pick off the bench in Chris Richard as well? More ammo for ya GT. ;)

I think Billy is getting a lot of guard attenion because of Acie Law. However, I don't think he will have trouble getting a big man. He did get Deandre Jordan top ten recruit for next year.

 

I see him snagging one big man every class or every other class. Probably a top 25 player each time. Then just go from there. Billy seems like he's a guard oriented team.

Bingo. Special teams with a complete roster win titles. Great guards are only part of the equation... :thumb:

 

But, bigs without strong guards are far less likely to win than the opposite.

 

Brewer was Florida's best player, IMO, but he could have likely played any position on the floor in college basketball and been more than adequate. He was the nightmare matchup than no team in college basketball had an answer for on either end. Florida was strong all around...that fact that their worst starter was the one guy you absolutely had to guard speaks for that. They all fed off each other...Humphrey was able to get open looks because the other four were so good, and then his ability to kill teams from the outside opened a lot up for the rest...I just think Florida had about as complete and balanced a team as I've seen in college basketball, and Corey Brewer would be their poster boy because he epitomized that team...his game had no real weakness, just like the team didn't.

But, bigs without strong guards are far less likely to win than the opposite.

Then the Illinois and Villanova teams underachieved. It takes balance, not just great guards. End of story...

 

that fact that their worst starter was the one guy you absolutely had to guard speaks for that. They all fed off each other...Humphrey was able to get open looks because the other four were so good, and then his ability to kill teams from the outside opened a lot up for the rest...

 

Yet he was left open over and over again because the opponent HAD to double down. Without the post presence we don't know the name Lee Humphrey...

Then the Illinois and Villanova teams underachieved. It takes balance, not just great guards. End of story...

 

 

 

Yet he was left open over and over again because the opponent HAD to double down. Without the post presence we don't know the name Lee Humphrey...

 

:thumb:

Then the Illinois and Villanova teams underachieved. It takes balance, not just great guards. End of story...

 

 

Yet he was left open over and over again because the opponent HAD to double down. Without the post presence we don't know the name Lee Humphrey...

 

I don't disagree. I'm just saying if you can only have one or the other, I think a great backcourt with a weak frontcourt can take you further than the opposite. That's all and I'll stand by it. End of story...

I don't disagree. I'm just saying if you can only have one or the other, I think a great backcourt with a weak frontcourt can take you further than the opposite. That's all and I'll stand by it. End of story...

Noah, Horford, May, Marvin Williams, Emeka Okafor, Elton Brand, Hakeem Warrick, Carmello Anthony. Notice a trend???

Noah, Horford, May, Marvin Williams, Emeka Okafor, Elton Brand, Hakeem Warrick, Carmello Anthony. Notice a trend???

 

 

Taurean Green, Lee Humphreys, Rashaad McCants, Felton, Ben Gordon, Marcus Williams, Chris Duhon, and Gerry McNamara...I couldn't resist GT!!!...:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.