June 20, 200719 yr ...or ESPN2 or ESPNU or CBS or Lincoln Financial. But they're exploring other options.
June 20, 200719 yr Just dumb, a program can't get recognition if you won't let one of the biggest games of the year be televised.
June 20, 200719 yr Just dumb, a program can't get recognition if you won't let one of the biggest games of the year be televised. Not sure you understand how this worked...
June 20, 200719 yr Just dumb, a program can't get recognition if you won't let one of the biggest games of the year be televised. If you're speaking from a UK perspective, I would think the UF, LSU, and UT games would be bigger than UofL...
June 20, 200719 yr If you're speaking from a UK perspective, I would think the UF, LSU, and UT games would be bigger than UofL... Beating a team ranked in the Top 10 on national television wouldn't be bigger than beating an unranked UT?
June 20, 200719 yr I agree when Barnhart said that with it not on espn that the game is "no less important". I don't think that is the issue Mitch . Of course being televised or not has nothing to do with the importance of the game. The issue is that U.K. needs to get this game televised for the program and for the fans. This game not on T.V. is really dissapointing. "IF" it is put on pay per view, I doubt that I will order it, cable cost for me are way too much as is. Get the game on t.v. Mr. Mitch Brainfart :irked:
June 20, 200719 yr Beating a team ranked in the Top 10 on national television wouldn't be bigger than beating an unranked UT? Imo beating a top SEC team like those three mentioned would be very big if it were on t.v. - a big win on national t.v. over a strong SEC opponet may just be bigger than a non conference game over an in state rival. Yes, the U.L. game is big to the people in this state and I certainly am ticked off about the no t.v. but I think that a major SEC win might impress potential recruits for the furure more. JMO
June 20, 200719 yr Beating a team ranked in the Top 10 on national television wouldn't be bigger than beating an unranked UT? You're assuming UT is unranked at the time, I'm assuming otherwise. Of course historically a win over UT is a bigger step for the UK program and it's image in the SEC than a victory over the Cards IMO.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.