What do the Reds do with Freel?

That's kind of my point....If they move Dunn, Votto should be given the LF job....I mean he can't be any worse defensively, can he?

I don't know they say he is pretty bad but his stick is obviously MLB ready. He has reached base in like 400 straight games or something close to that. And he has only been playin LF for about a month now.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's kind of my point....If they move Dunn, Votto should be given the LF job....I mean he can't be any worse defensively, can he?

The questionable defense suggest that Votto is slow of foot. The Reds are needing some guys that can not only hit, but run. Thats why I suggest you dump a C. Three guys that can't hit or run.

How about trade Ross, Dunn, Freel for minor league outfielder, 4th starter and a solid defensive catcher. Of that is assuming Votto could play left which is a big assumption at this point.

That would work. Especially if you can get a #4 starter. He would be at least the #2 with the Reds

I mean he can't be any worse defensively, can he?

You really are too smart of a guy to fall into that trap. He has NOT been their worst defensive outfielder this year...and I know begrudgingly you'll admit that.

He has been much better this year, and while not a gold glove winner (by any means), the results on the field are much better than the "perception" that has been created by Lance and other Dunn-bashing blow-hards. :p

How about trade Ross, Dunn, Freel for minor league outfielder, 4th starter and a solid defensive catcher. That is assuming Votto could play left which is a big assumption at this point.

Lets all hope you're not the next Reds GM.;)

Package him with Dunn of Griff.

I don't think Dunn goes anywhere. If traded I believe he can become a free agent at seasons end so most teams would have to really think about signing a guy that may not be on your roster the following season.

I agree with Malinchurch, the Reds are in dire need of a catcher.

How about trade Ross, Dunn, Freel for minor league outfielder, 4th starter and a solid defensive catcher. That is assuming Votto could play left which is a big assumption at this point.

Didn't we already have Jason LaRue? Ross is a solid defensive catcher, and a hitter capable of getting hot enough on occasion to bring his BA up to his career trends. Yes, his hitting sucks, but to get a significant upgrade in the bat category (and that's really peoples' biggest gripe with Ross), you will either downgrade defensively or pay a mint.

Didn't we already have Jason LaRue? Ross is a solid defensive catcher, and a hitter capable of getting hot enough on occasion to bring his BA up to his career trends. Yes, his hitting sucks, but to get a significant upgrade in the bat category (and that's really peoples' biggest gripe with Ross), you will either downgrade defensively or pay a mint.

Yeah he is just kind of a throw in to up the ante for a 4th starter and minor league prospect. Hey I'm not a GM for a reason. :D

You really are too smart of a guy to fall into that trap. He has NOT been their worst defensive outfielder this year...and I know begrudgingly you'll admit that.

He has been much better this year, and while not a gold glove winner (by any means), the results on the field are much better than the "perception" that has been created by Lance and other Dunn-bashing blow-hards. :p

I agree he hasn't been terrible this year. His defense overall is anything but stellar though.

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't disagree with Freel as the everyday 2B and trading Brandon Phillips for some young and/or experienced pitching.

It's a sacrifice in the lineup but we won't ever win with the pitching we have now.

Unless you catch a team looking to dump salary, you're not getting good mid- to high-quality MLB pitching that can come in right now. You have to either develop them or you get prospects in a trade.

The #1 commodity in MLB is pitching. You're not getting it.