Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What do the Reds do with Freel?

Featured Replies

On a team that is supposedly strapped for cash, you can't pay a backup, injury prone OF 2 mil a year to sit the bench.

 

I know the appeal for Freel is the whole Pete Rose heart thing, whatever. Freel is not an everyday player.

 

Surely Freel gets moved this offseason, don't you think?

 

(assuming they hold on to Dunn and Griff.)

  • Replies 50
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the appeal for Freel is the whole Pete Rose heart thing, whatever. Freel is not an everyday player.

 

:thumb: :thumb:

 

Another in the long line of Steve Kreider, Jeff Query, Jeff Branson, Kurt Stillwell, Chris Stynes....if you are little and hustle this town falls madly in love with you.

If Griffey and Dunn are still here, we know Hobbs has earned a spot in the lineup. No place for Freel to play aside from spotting a guy when he needs a day off.

 

So if they don't trade either of the two big contracts, then you would think Freel might be gone. I think he is only signed through next year, so they might just keep him and then trade him next year. With this team, you never know. :lol:

I don't see a need to move Freel. $2M for a solid utility guy is not bad at all.

 

I'd keep him around.

I'm not sure anyone would trade for him.

  • Author
I'm not sure anyone would trade for him.
I agree. He wouldn't get you much of anything.

 

But doesn't that just bring my point home? His value is VERY low, yet some people in this city woul go nuts if they did move him.

I doubt they get anything for him, but Freel has to be one of the most overrated Reds in the past 20 years.

  • Author
I doubt they get anything for him, but Freel has to be one of the most overrated Reds in the past 20 years.
B....b...b....But he hustles....he's the only one that cares, he plys the game right....WAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAA:cry: :cry: :cry:

 

 

 

;)

4th outfielder?

Votto or someone in return from that trade. I heard the problem with Votto is he is terrible defensively.

Plus he just started play LF.

Votto or someone in return from that trade. I heard the problem with Votto is he is terrible defensively.

Plus he just started play LF.

 

Sounds like someone else the Reds have in LF.....:D

Sounds like someone else the Reds have in LF.....:D

But he will get about 12 Million less next year. :lol:

But he will get about 12 Million less next year. :lol:

 

 

That's kind of my point....If they move Dunn, Votto should be given the LF job....I mean he can't be any worse defensively, can he?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.