What do the Reds do with Freel?

On a team that is supposedly strapped for cash, you can't pay a backup, injury prone OF 2 mil a year to sit the bench.

I know the appeal for Freel is the whole Pete Rose heart thing, whatever. Freel is not an everyday player.

Surely Freel gets moved this offseason, don't you think?

(assuming they hold on to Dunn and Griff.)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the appeal for Freel is the whole Pete Rose heart thing, whatever. Freel is not an everyday player.

:thumb: :thumb:

Another in the long line of Steve Kreider, Jeff Query, Jeff Branson, Kurt Stillwell, Chris Stynes....if you are little and hustle this town falls madly in love with you.

If Griffey and Dunn are still here, we know Hobbs has earned a spot in the lineup. No place for Freel to play aside from spotting a guy when he needs a day off.

So if they don't trade either of the two big contracts, then you would think Freel might be gone. I think he is only signed through next year, so they might just keep him and then trade him next year. With this team, you never know. :lol:

I'm not sure anyone would trade for him.
I agree. He wouldn't get you much of anything.

But doesn't that just bring my point home? His value is VERY low, yet some people in this city woul go nuts if they did move him.

I doubt they get anything for him, but Freel has to be one of the most overrated Reds in the past 20 years.
B....b...b....But he hustles....he's the only one that cares, he plys the game right....WAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAA:cry: :cry: :cry:

;)