What do the Reds do with Freel?

I think he's great in the 2-hole personally. With the team they have now, I'd say the perfect lineup would be...

1-Hatteberg

2-Phillips

3-Griffey Jr.

4-Dunn

5-Encarnacion

6-Hamilton

7-Gonzalez

8-Ross

So sloooowwww. No runs scored if they don't hit the homer.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's great in the 2-hole personally. With the team they have now, I'd say the perfect lineup would be...

1-Hatteberg

2-Phillips

3-Griffey Jr.

4-Dunn

5-Encarnacion

6-Hamilton

7-Gonzalez

8-Ross

The thing is, don't you think that Hamilton could slip in at 2, and Freel could fill in the 6-8 slots without losing that much? It's a small sacrifice but it would be worth it to get some pitching, but GT might be right in saying how we won't get much for him. But if we can, I think BP is our guy to deal.

The thing is, don't you think that Hamilton could slip in at 2, and Freel could fill in the 6-8 slots without losing that much? It's a small sacrifice but it would be worth it to get some pitching, but GT might be right in saying how we won't get much for him. But if we can, I think BP is our guy to deal.

I don't agree. BP is young, not real expensive, and IMO one the most well rounded players on the team. The Reds need to dump salary ; Grif, Dunn, Milton etc. I'd be shocked to see BP dealt. But I guess with this group ya never know:creepy:

No, Freel could not fill those slots IMO. He is overrated, and should not be given an everyday role anywhere on this club. Hamilton could go in the 2 spot though, but I think they'd want to throw a righty in there so they don't have 4 straight lefties...

I don't agree. BP is young, not real expensive, and IMO one the most well rounded players on the team. The Reds need to dump salary ; Grif, Dunn, Milton etc. I'd be shocked to see BP dealt. But I guess with this group ya never know:creepy:

No, Freel could not fill those slots IMO. He is overrated, and should not be given an everyday role anywhere on this club. Hamilton could go in the 2 spot though, but I think they'd want to throw a righty in there so they don't have 4 straight lefties...

You two obviously make some great points, and being that you follow the Reds much closer than I do, I don't have much more to say. The Reds do need to dump salary, but who knows how many prospects we can get for three players with obvious weaknesses (Grif-injuries, Dunn-K's/hitting with RISP, Milton-lack of talent :D ). Maybe BP isn't the guy to trade, but I think we will need to give up some talent, maybe young talent, to get some in return.

You two obviously make some great points, and being that you follow the Reds much closer than I do, I don't have much more to say. The Reds do need to dump salary, but who knows how many prospects we can get for three players with obvious weaknesses (Grif-injuries, Dunn-K's/hitting with RISP, Milton-lack of talent :D ). Maybe BP isn't the guy to trade, but I think we will need to give up some talent, maybe young talent, to get some in return.

I think we can all agree that something has to happen. The worst team in baseball is not getting any better by standing pat. We will soon know if Krivsky is the guy to get the Reds turned around. IMO he is not the guy.