Louisville 9 Oklahoma State 0

rockmom

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read some scuttlebutt that 600 tickets were to be reserved between the baselines for visiting schools in the Super Regionals per NCAA rules, but OSU was not afforded the opportunity to purchase tickets.

UL sold all those tickets and none were reserved for OSU fans.

Some OSU fans are claiming that Jurich pulled a fast one here.

I have no dog in this fight and glad to see the Cards doing well, but thought this was interesting and didn't know if someone could shed some light on this.

According to the NCAA rules of host sites, tix are supposed to be reserved.

Unreal.

As I have mentioned in another thread...in my sporting fan life, I want to make a trip to Omaha...would rather see a game or two there than go see the Super Bowl.

Congrats to louisville on all the success. Make our state proud.

I'd also love to make a tip to Omaha one day labs. I bet the parties are unreal with all the college kids around. Seeing the super bowl is number one on my list but Omaha is up there. I'd also love to go to the little league world series. I get into that stuff, I try to watch every game.

Read some scuttlebutt that 600 tickets were to be reserved between the baselines for visiting schools in the Super Regionals per NCAA rules, but OSU was not afforded the opportunity to purchase tickets.

UL sold all those tickets and none were reserved for OSU fans.

Some OSU fans are claiming that Jurich pulled a fast one here.

I have no dog in this fight and glad to see the Cards doing well, but thought this was interesting and didn't know if someone could shed some light on this.

According to the NCAA rules of host sites, tix are supposed to be reserved.

As posted in another thread.

I looked into this and found this on the OSU fan site when the accusation was brought up this is what one poster said.

Do not give them (Louisville) fits about ticket handling. OSU received 600 for the regional at Arkansas but when I called the ticket office they lied to me at first and denied any tickets. I called their hand on it (I had done my homework) and they fessed up but told me they were for players families ( I agree with that) and special friends of OSU. I asked them why they lied to me at first and the answer was, by a college student, we were told to. Great way to teach young people ethics in business. Make your own conclusions from that of our ticket office and administration.

If that is true that might be the genesis for all this, if OSU tells fans that Louisville didn't give them enough tickets to sell, even though Louisville did give them the required amount then fans might raise a stink and blame Louisville.

I don't know either way but this is what I found.

You can't always go by what the fan boards say after they get beat 9-0.