Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should the Reds trade Dunn for Lidge?

Featured Replies

Don't get me wrong, I think they CAN contend in 2 years, if they make the right moves. Getting a top notch closer is one of those, and being willing to pay them is essential.

 

HT is under the impression that we won't pay a closer, so obviously they aren't going to contend anytime soon....

What would make you believe other wise?

  • Replies 366
  • Views 37k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What would make you believe other wise?

 

Because I believe the management wants to win. One thing they have to be willing to do is pay for what they need.

Because I believe the management wants to win. One thing they have to be willing to do is pay for what they need.

I'll believe it when I see it. I know there wasn't much to go after this off season and thats why we are in the spot we are with a closer. Why don't you think Bray can be that in 2 years?

I'll believe it when I see it. I know there wasn't much to go after this off season and thats why we are in the spot we are with a closer. Why don't you think Bray can be that in 2 years?

 

So, obviously, when the market is thin, you do whatever you can to get a top-shelf guy.

 

Bray is still too young and would need 1-2 years as a setup guy.

So, obviously, when the market is thin, you do whatever you can to get a top-shelf guy.

 

Bray is still too young and would need 1-2 years as a setup guy.

Small market reds pay a B- Closer A+ closer money no way.

I'll believe it when I see it. I know there wasn't much to go after this off season and thats why we are in the spot we are with a closer. Why don't you think Bray can be that in 2 years?

 

He hasn't proven anything at the ML level yet....

 

Two guys I would like to see the Reds go after for that closer spot are Linebrink from SD and Okuijima(sp?) from Boston...I still think a Dunn for Linebrink and a starter (Germano?) is very doable.

He hasn't proven anything at the ML level yet....

 

Two guys I would like to see the Reds go after for that closer spot are Linebrink from SD and Okuijima(sp?) from Boston...I still think a Dunn for Linebrink and a starter (Germano?) is very doable.

Your right he hasn't but I think he has the stuff to be able to do it. Okuijima is going to get TOP dollar if he keeps pitching like he is now. What has Linebrink proven though in a closer situation?

Your right he hasn't but I think he has the stuff to be able to do it. Okuijima is going to get TOP dollar if he keeps pitching like he is now. What has Linebrink proven though?

 

 

He's been great in the setup roll for the Pads....He's set to step right in for the Pads once Hoffman hangs it up.

Germano isn't a good pitcher for GABP. I would take Linebrink in a minute...

He's been great in the setup roll for the Pads....He's set to step right in for the Pads once Hoffman hangs it up.

I was trying to edit. :D He has been good but hasn't really got a chance to close. Thats another one where I say you can't trade Dunn for an IF guy.

I was trying to edit. :D He has been good but hasn't really got a chance to close. Thats another one where I say you can't trade Dunn for an IF guy.

 

Just looked at his numbers and for his career he's 4-24 in save opportunities, however when you aren't given a chance to close on an daily basis I'm not real sure how much stock you can put in those numbers.

Just looked at his numbers and for his career he's 4-24 in save opportunities, however when you aren't given a chance to close on an daily basis I'm not real sure how much stock you can put in those numbers.

4 for 24 is a pretty staggering #.

Germano isn't a good pitcher for GABP.

It didn't work out last time, and I'm sure he's benefiting from Petco, but does the park really make that huge of a difference in performance?

I went and checked email, looked at other sites. That was hours ago it seems like, I come back and this thread is still hopping. lol

 

Goodness.

4 for 24 is a pretty staggering #.

 

I agree it doesn't look good, but I think it makes a difference when you don't have it as a regular job.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.