June 5, 200719 yr HSSRB is going to be way behind on work on Tuesday morning by the time he gets to here. Trust me. He's all over this thread.
June 5, 200719 yr Before I answer that, give me a time span I have to consider? Next year max and then its Bray.
June 5, 200719 yr Obviously, if the Reds trade Dunn for him, they have to be committed to signing him long-term.
June 5, 200719 yr HSSRB is going to be way behind on work on Tuesday morning by the time he gets to here. Trust me. He's all over this thread. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He is going to be mad he missed it.
June 5, 200719 yr Next year max and then its Bray. I'm comfortable with him this year maybe. Bray? Saying Bray is the going to be the closer in the future is much less a guarantee than Lidge coming in and actually doing it.
June 5, 200719 yr Obviously, if the Reds trade Dunn for him, they have to be committed to signing him long-term. Exactly. I think some people are operating under the assumption the Reds just rent him for the rest of the year.
June 5, 200719 yr Next year max and then its Bray. Since we've already established that the Reds won't pay solid closer money, once Bray's had the job for 2 years (assuming he's successful), he'll be out of Cincinnati. I doubt they contend by that time.
June 5, 200719 yr Exactly. I think some people are operating under the assumption the Reds just rent him for the rest of the year. Rent him to finish ahead of the Pirates? Surely not.
June 5, 200719 yr You really think he will sign long term with us if we put him into the closer role right away yeah right.
June 5, 200719 yr Next year max and then its Bray. I would rather see him work his way into the role over the span of a few years. Most of today's top-shelf closers spent two years as the 8th inning guy.
June 5, 200719 yr , once Bray's had the job for 2 years (assuming he's successful), he'll be out of Cincinnati. I doubt they contend by that time. If we're doubting they contend in 2 years, screw this trade. Heck, trade Dunn for young players, save the cash, invest in signing bonuses. They can contend within the next 2 years with the right , albeit gutsy, moves.
June 5, 200719 yr You really think he will sign long term with us if we put him into the closer role right away yeah right. So you're saying he doesn't want to be a closer?
June 5, 200719 yr Since we've already established that the Reds won't pay solid closer money, once Bray's had the job for 2 years (assuming he's successful), he'll be out of Cincinnati. I doubt they contend by that time. I'd say 2 years is looking like the opportune time if you ask me.
June 5, 200719 yr So you're saying he doesn't want to be a closer? No, He knows that if he comes in and even does semi decent he can make a killing as a FA.
June 5, 200719 yr If we're doubting they contend in 2 years, screw this trade. Heck, trade Dunn for young players, save the cash, invest in signing bonuses. They can contend within the next 2 years with the right , albeit gutsy, moves. Don't get me wrong, I think they CAN contend in 2 years, if they make the right moves. Getting a top notch closer is one of those, and being willing to pay them is essential. HT is under the impression that we won't pay a closer, so obviously they aren't going to contend anytime soon....
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.