Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Billy Donovan to Orlando Magic

Featured Replies

For anyone wondering about Alex Tyus he has been taking classes at UF since January...

  • Replies 45
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For anyone wondering about Alex Tyus he has been taking classes at UF since January...
OUCH.
ESPN just reported that Billy D has informed Florida that he will be taking the Orlando job. 5 years 5.5 million a year.

After he goes on his high and mighty pledge of alliegence to Fla.!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I Love It.

After he goes on his high and mighty pledge of alliegence to Fla.!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I Love It.

 

he's still in Florida ;)

Big bucks for Billy D. Any perdictions on his success in Orlando? I for one think he will do very well and have the Magic in the upper echelon in the NBA within 3 years.

I like Billy D, but colleges coaches over the past couple of decades have not faired well in the NBA. Pitino, Calipari, Kruger, Carlisimo, Tarkanian, etc. are some that come to mind. It seems to me that the game and the personel are so much different. I hope he surrounds himself with the right people and is sucessful, but history is not on his side. Personally I think you have to go to the NBA as an assistant for a while to be sucessful as a head coach there.

Now it wont be as fun playing Florida...:cry:

I like Billy D, but colleges coaches over the past couple of decades have not faired well in the NBA. Pitino, Calipari, Kruger, Carlisimo, Tarkanian, etc. are some that come to mind. It seems to me that the game and the personel are so much different. I hope he surrounds himself with the right people and is sucessful, but history is not on his side. Personally I think you have to go to the NBA as an assistant for a while to be sucessful as a head coach there.

Even if Billy D is not very successful, he will be able to choose his college when and i say when he wants to come back!!!!!

As a UK fan, I'll be honest in saying that I was kinda dissapointed to see BD go to Orlando. I'm happy with BCG and would've liked to see a rivalry develop between the two. This takes away from that.

NineOh, There will always be Bruce Pearl and his Traveling Show.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

This changes things a bit...I wonder what kinds of articles we'll be seeing to follow up all the ones about how Florida had supplanted UK and how Donovan wasn't interested in UK because Florida was the better job. Seems he wasn't interested in UK, or Florida...

 

...sorry, I can't help but laugh. In all honesty, I wish he would have stayed at UF because it would have been fun battling it out with them on a yearly basis. But, good luck in Orlando.

 

:D

"He's about to eat a lot of filet mignons," former Gator Joakim Noah said at the NBA pre-draft camp in Orlando.

 

The best quote on this situation.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

This changes things a bit...I wonder what kinds of articles we'll be seeing to follow up all the ones about how Florida had supplanted UK and how Donovan wasn't interested in UK because Florida was the better job. Seems he wasn't interested in UK, or Florida...

 

...sorry, I can't help but laugh. In all honesty, I wish he would have stayed at UF because it would have been fun battling it out with them on a yearly basis. But, good luck in Orlando.

 

:D

The NBA was the only place Billy was going to leave Florida for. If you go back and look I said that two months ago when all that was going on.

This is a hunch I had.

"He's about to eat a lot of filet mignons," former Gator Joakim Noah said at the NBA pre-draft camp in Orlando.

 

The best quote on this situation.....

Like he couldn't do that before??? :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.