Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Signee Duran Jefferson Arrested

Featured Replies

"A man who was with a group that included Jefferson's mother, but who declined to identify himself, said he thought the motivation for the prosecution was racial and that a white student would not have found himself facing charges in court."

 

I wasn't certain if you were aware that this came from the newspaper or if you thought that someone on this site made the accusation. I just wanted to clear that up in case you weren't for sure.

 

I know it came from the paper. I was saying whoever made that comment should be ashamed of themselves for making a statement like that because of Duran's family background and Marshall's personality.

  • Replies 164
  • Views 25.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well now for my two cents. I have followed Duran's career since his sophomore year as a spectator. I have seen his immaturity and inability to respect not only officials but also teammates. He has yelled at them on the floor, it has costs his team games and when I heard he was given a scholly to UK for football I just had this bad feelign in my stomach. I kept thinking, once he gets down there and starts with his attitude and the other guys see it, he will be the first they throw into the "Bull in the ring" drill. I didnt think he would last in college and this just supports my theory that his destiny never was to play for UK. First the leg injury which kept him out most of his SR year in basketball, then UK honors the scholly and then he goes and does this.

 

Just stupid but almost expected. The writing was on the wall with his various character displays on the court and putting yourself in that situation regardless if it was your idea or not is just senseless. He deserves a 2nd chance as far as turning his life around and becoming a better person but his playign days are over. JMO

 

 

The sad thing is that without sports is he going to be able to have any direction in his life.

I saw on the Channel 5 News at 5:00 p.m. today that Duran has been released and that his grandmother bailed him out. However, they kept calling him Duran Johnson by mistake.

For his grandmother's sake I hope he pans out, if not she will be left with nothing. Now we will see his true character, he must realize people care about him, it's up to him now.

I'm sure 4 weeks in the clink has given Mr. Jefferson a new perspective on life and decision making. Should be interesting to see what UK does with him and how this whole thing pans out.

I'm sure 4 weeks in the clink has given Mr. Jefferson a new perspective on life and decision making. .

 

The recidivism rate in this country makes me question what impact 4 weeks in jail will have on an individual.

The recidivism rate in this country makes me question what impact 4 weeks in jail will have on an individual.

 

I know I needed help, so I'll provide for others like me:

 

re·cid·i·vism Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ri-sid-uh-viz-uhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. repeated or habitual relapse, as into crime.

2. Psychiatry. the chronic tendency toward repetition of criminal or antisocial behavior patterns

Jefferson's status uncertain

UK Coach Rich Brooks said this week (July 1) that he'll continue to monitor the Duran Jefferson case before ultimately deciding whether to allow him to join the program.

 

Jefferson, who signed with UK in February, was arrested last month and charged with burglary after he admitted to breaking into the home of a former assistant basketball coach and stealing eight guns.

 

Jefferson was released from the Kenton County jail last week and placed on house arrest after his grandmother put up $20,000 worth of property as bond.

 

Brooks labeled it "highly unlikely" that Jefferson would report with UK's freshmen in August, regardless of the outcome of his case. If Jefferson eventually does join the program, he'd enroll as a grayshirt in January.

Didn't DJ confess to stealing the guns?

 

I'm curious about the line in the article saying that they're trying to decide if there is enough evidence for first-degree burglary?

 

What constitutes first-degree?

I hope Coach Brooks isn't too serious about keeping this scholarship for Jefferson. A) he's about to be convicted of a felony and B) he's probably not talented enough to play at UK anyway.

 

I wish that Brooks would just say good riddance and put that scholarship to good use for the 2008 recruiting class.

I hope Coach Brooks isn't too serious about keeping this scholarship for Jefferson. A) he's about to be convicted of a felony and B) he's probably not talented enough to play at UK anyway.

 

I wish that Brooks would just say good riddance and put that scholarship to good use for the 2008 recruiting class.

 

I'm more confident of B than A.

Didn't DJ confess to stealing the guns?

 

I'm curious about the line in the article saying that they're trying to decide if there is enough evidence for first-degree burglary?

 

What constitutes first-degree?

Being armed with a deadly weapon at any time during a burglary, including flight from the building, constitutes first-degree burglary. By stealing the guns, he went from a 5-10 sentence to a 10-20 year sentence.

 

I would guess that the defense is going to argue that the weapons weren't loaded and don't constitute a deadly threat.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.