May 16, 200719 yr Nah, karaoke was invented in Japan and is hugely popular -- especially among office workers. Many get together nightly, after work to sing (often to American tunes) karaoke. I understand that but it is still promoting a stereotype whether its valid or not. Just saying the way things are today that your comment over the airwaves would likely get a response from an Asian special interest group. With in basically the last month, radio has lost Imus, Bubba the Love Sponge, JB and Elvis, and now likely Opie and Anthony. Whose next.
May 16, 200719 yr I understand that but it is still promoting a stereotype whether its valid or not. Just saying the way things are today that your comment over the airwaves would likely get a response from an Asian special interest group. With in basically the last month, radio has lost Imus, Bubba the Love Sponge, JB and Elvis, and now likely Opie and Anthony. Whose next. Those were totally different, and actually were offensive. But I don't want to turn this into a topic of stereotypes -- except the type of stereo that you sing karaoke on.
May 16, 200719 yr Hey Hey Hey there little mister - If you aren't careful we will come find you and make you listen to .....As we fight with our might, we will win the game tonight as the Rebels go rolling along......oops sorry...is this outlawed also:lol: :lol: :lol: I love this town but come on now - just how far back do they want to take us? I think we are trying to get to blue blood even for my taste. Hey Admiral - where exactly is all this karaoke singing taking place? Is there a business where we could go and try out our luck or are they going to come into our house to make us shut up:D I wish they would stop with all this stupid stuff and do something about the pot holes in the road:thumb: I don't know where it is either, must be the one by the old fire station on 4th street. BTW RebelK, What business is that going to be at the old "Dennys" building? I heard it is a Starbucks.
May 16, 200719 yr What will they try to ban next ?(laughter, fun, sex) Well I am not going to move to Danville! I happen to really like those 3. :lol:
May 16, 200719 yr They are basically following the ordinance that London put into place when it first passed limited alcohol sales at restaurants. In London's case, I know they saw the restrictions Corbin didn't put on their alcohol-selling outlets and didn't like what they saw. For better or worse, a few of those places in Corbin are pretty roughneck joints. That's not to say the places in London aren't as well, it's just they aren't allowed to dance or sing karaoke. All it is in the long run, however, is appeasement to the hardcore Bible-tossers who are convinced they know how we should live our lives better than we do.
May 16, 200719 yr Could you get arrested for dancing by your table? No, but I bet you could for dancing on it. :lol:
May 16, 200719 yr If they ban karaoke in Danville..I know a first class joint ya'll can come to here in the Ville! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
May 16, 200719 yr Dag gonnit AA. I was planning on doing my Temptations medley this weekend.:lol: and BTW what is that going into the old Denny's building? Is it a Starbucks?
May 16, 200719 yr WKYT news just said Danvile is trying to ban Karaoke. It's part of and alcohol ordinance they are passing. It also bans dancing and pool playing at any place that serves alcohol and food together. That's kinda weird. I didn't realize karaoke was bad for you health, maybe your ears but banning it is a bit absurd. Oh well... Wow, is this the 1960's? That's pretty dumb!
May 16, 200719 yr What are they going to do next outlaw having fun at all? This is completely stupid and should not even be debated on whether to outlaw it or not. Also, how would that regulate this ban if it was to go into effect? Believe me if they could outlaw Having Fun they would.Some people in Danville want to make there own choices and also your choices. IMO Danville lacks common Since.Danville is a place where you can go out to eat and have few drinks then drive home,but your not allowed in Danville to buy packaged Alcohol and bring it home to drink it in the Privacy of your home. :scared:
May 17, 200719 yr As a Danville resident, this is very troubling. This development is a setback in my personal quest to transform Danville from a "liquor by the drink only" town into a full service party capital complete with liquor stores, night clubs, strip clubs, and strip twister tournaments. Oh well, the fight continues.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.