Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jasper versus Lucas: Showdown!

Featured Replies

I've said it once, I'll say it again. Jai will provide some offense, just like Travis Ford did for us, but he will also prove to be a liability on the defensive end in a lot of games, also. Nothing the kid can do about being small, but it will not help against big teams. Quickness will mean nothing when the ball is up high.
One of the things about basketball is that eventually those tall guys have to put the ball down on the floor.
  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That midget is gonna have a hard time getting past anybody with a broken leg...:lol: :lol: :lol:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Size versus speed, size means strength, speed means agility. Jasper will make it hard to run that pick and roll and he can defend post entry with his length. If he can keep Jai in front of him he will be alright...IF!

How they match up in a game of one-on-one makes no difference to me. I want to know who is going to prevail in a game setting. Who will it be?

I would put my chips on the true PG, Lucas...

OUCH...Jasper would have fits against Lucas.

I for one see as much potential out of Jasper as anybody on UK's roster. He has such room to improve, and I think he will. He will be a big help to UK. As far as that match up goes, who knows. They may not even guard each other, you have foul trouble, you have different match up zones. They both will be good players, and nobody knows how Lucas will adjust yet to the speed of the college level. I think he will be fine but its yet to be seen.

Even if Jasper is the PG, he will have to guard wings on D. Not much chance for a 1-on-1 without a pick and roll. If only that was a staple of the Billy D O. Wait... :D

I don't think he will be the PG...

Bradley will more than likely get most of the minutes against Florida, guarding Lucas. IMO

I think you guys might be jumping the gun somewhat. Walter Hodge will likely have some say in this scenerio.

We don't even know what Jasper can do without some breathing down his neck when he shoots....

 

I'll take Jasper based on what I have seen out of both.......

That midget is gonna have a hard time getting past anybody with a broken leg...:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

OK... now I can laugh :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: cause I didnt get it at first. some of these UK fans crack me up...:lol:

I think you guys might be jumping the gun somewhat. Walter Hodge will likely have some say in this scenerio.

 

Do you think Lucas Start over him... By that time Lucas should have proven himself.

Next season, it is very likely that Lucas will be the starting point guard for the Gators and Jasper for our 'Cats. Derrick Jasper was "suppose" to work on his shot this offseason. Now, what are your thoughts on comparing these two against eachother next season.

 

Lucas:

5'10, 160lbs.

HS Stats:

26.3ppg, 7.5apg, 4.1rpg.

 

Jasper:

6'6, 200lbs.

HS Stats:

19.8ppg, 9.4rpg, 5.0apg, 3.0bpg.

 

Wow, an eight-inch difference...

Thoughts?

IMO, there is another number to look at...I saw one recruiting service list Lucas at 145 lbs not 160...I don't care how quick one is, 145 lbs will get punished physically.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.