Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jasper versus Lucas: Showdown!

Featured Replies

Do you think Lucas Start over him... By that time Lucas should have proven himself.

 

No, I think Walter Hodge is a pretty good player, and with two years already in Billy D's system, I think that he will have a leg up on Lucas for next year.

 

Not everyone believes that Lucas is a slam dunk prospect, here is an excerpt from Bilas's take on the situation.

 

... Lucas is a small guard that will take some time to be a difference maker on the college level and may never be a pro. Lucas is similar to Drew Lavendar, formerly of Oklahoma and now with Xavier, and will likely not be an impact player early in his college career.

 

Lucas, the son of former NBA great and NBA head coach John Lucas, has long thought to be joined at the hip with Patterson, so much so that some coaches have given thought to offering a scholarship to Lucas in order to have a better chance to get Patterson. The truth is, Patterson is the remaining gem in this recruiting class. Lucas is a good player, but not in the same class as Patterson. Neither is worth this kind of attention over a simple decision.

 

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, I think Walter Hodge is a pretty good player, and with two years already in Billy D's system, I think that he will have a leg up on Lucas for next year.

 

Not everyone believes that Lucas is a slam dunk prospect, here is an excerpt from Bilas's take on the situation.

 

Patterson is the only reason Billy D. wanted Lucas, IMO. I've been wrong before.....

Next season, it is very likely that Lucas will be the starting point guard for the Gators and Jasper for our 'Cats. Derrick Jasper was "suppose" to work on his shot this offseason. Now, what are your thoughts on comparing these two against eachother next season.

 

Lucas:

5'10, 160lbs.

HS Stats:

26.3ppg, 7.5apg, 4.1rpg.

 

Jasper:

6'6, 200lbs.

HS Stats:

19.8ppg, 9.4rpg, 5.0apg, 3.0bpg.

 

Wow, an eight-inch difference...

Thoughts?

 

Wow I got a feeling that Jasper wont be our starting pg next year, unless he finds some kind of offensive game this offseason...:sssh:

Patterson is the only reason Billy D. wanted Lucas, IMO. I've been wrong before.....

 

I think his need for a pg also was a big reason...

I think his need for a pg also was a big reason...

 

Is Hodge not a PG? Did Greene sign with an agent?

Is Hodge not a PG? Did Greene sign with an agent?

Yes and yes...

Jasper to date has been terrible. Must we really compare him to anyone.

Jasper to date has been terrible. Must we really compare him to anyone.

 

Yet it's okay to compare a player that hasn't played a single game in college with others??

 

Three players freshman year statistics here, can you guess who they are...

 

MPG: 9.4

Pts: 3.5

Ast: 0.5

Reb: 2.5

 

MPG: 18.9

Pts: 3.9

Ast: 2.2

Reb: 1.0

 

MPG: 9.0

Pts: 3.9

Ast: 2.9

Reb: 3.5

Am I the only one excited about Jasper and his potential? Not trying to bash Tubby but I think under Billy G he will improve alot, he would have under Tubby some, but I think more under Billy G. I think his offense will improve as he matures, and I just see alot of potential in him.

Am I the only one excited about Jasper and his potential? Not trying to bash Tubby but I think under Billy G he will improve alot, he would have under Tubby some, but I think more under Billy G. I think his offense will improve as he matures, and I just see alot of potential in him.

 

I believe its way to early to judge Jasper. History has shown it is rare for freshman standouts at UK. Whether or not he pans out, I for one did not want Lucas, I did not believe he fulfilled a need. Blast all u want Uk bashers but did we need a 5'9 pg when we are overloaded at the 2 and have one coming in at 09 and recruiting a 5 star heavy in 08? I admit that the other 2 signings were a major blow however, if Patterson does not sign.

Yet it's okay to compare a player that hasn't played a single game in college with others??

 

Three players freshman year statistics here, can you guess who they are...

 

MPG: 9.4

Pts: 3.5

Ast: 0.5

Reb: 2.5

 

MPG: 18.9

Pts: 3.9

Ast: 2.2

Reb: 1.0

 

MPG: 9.0

Pts: 3.9

Ast: 2.9

Reb: 3.5

 

I believe I would prefer the unknown when the known quanity is Jasper.

 

I don't play games.

I believe I would prefer the unknown when the known quanity is Jasper.

 

I don't play games.

Then you're not gonna have much fun on here.

I believe I would prefer the unknown when the known quanity is Jasper.

 

I don't play games.

 

 

Two of them are Taurean Green and Joakim Noah, the other is Jasper. Jasper's numbers were better than either of them, and he played less then either. Point is neither of those guys were thought of highly after their freshman seasons....Things worked out well for them.

Am I the only one excited about Jasper and his potential? Not trying to bash Tubby but I think under Billy G he will improve alot, he would have under Tubby some, but I think more under Billy G. I think his offense will improve as he matures, and I just see alot of potential in him.

I am excited, as well. I think his confidence was shot the last 6 weeks of the season. I think he gets a fresh start with Billy G. and proves he is a good Point Guard.

One of the things about basketball is that eventually those tall guys have to put the ball down on the floor.

If they are coached right and are near the basket they should never put the ball down low, dont make yourself 6 foot when you are 6'9 or whatever, speed is important but its still a big mans game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.