Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jasper versus Lucas: Showdown!

Featured Replies

Next season, it is very likely that Lucas will be the starting point guard for the Gators and Jasper for our 'Cats. Derrick Jasper was "suppose" to work on his shot this offseason. Now, what are your thoughts on comparing these two against eachother next season.

 

Lucas:

5'10, 160lbs.

HS Stats:

26.3ppg, 7.5apg, 4.1rpg.

 

Jasper:

6'6, 200lbs.

HS Stats:

19.8ppg, 9.4rpg, 5.0apg, 3.0bpg.

 

Wow, an eight-inch difference...

Thoughts?

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lucas is fast as lighting. I don't think they will be guarding each other.

  • Author
Lucas is fast as lighting. I don't think they will be guarding each other.

 

Jasper is not "fast as lightning," but he sure isn't slow. I don't think Lucas will be able to use that speed all of the time. If so, then we'll throw Meeks or Legion to guard him.

 

... I'm always thinking ahead. :ylsuper:

Jasper could post him up and score everytime and Lucas would dribble right past him everytime and this is why they won't be guarding each other so there is no point in debating it. :lol:

I'll take my chances with Jasper. After all, an 8 inch height difference is hard to overcome. Just ask gametime.

Jasper could post him up and score everytime and Lucas would dribble right past him everytime and this is why they won't be guarding each other so there is no point in debating it. :lol:

 

The only way Jasper scores is if he dunks, unless he can actually shoot now!

That midget is gonna have a hard time getting past anybody with a broken leg...:lol: :lol: :lol:

That midget is gonna have a hard time getting past anybody with a broken leg...:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

 

:laugh: :laugh:

  • Author
That midget is gonna have a hard time getting past anybody with a broken leg...:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

... I don't get it? :confused:

  • Author
I hate to say this, but jasper will get smoked.

 

Maybe in a race. I think you'll see a lot out of Jasper under Gillispie. I also think you'll see a lot in Ramon Harris.

I've said it once, I'll say it again. Jai will provide some offense, just like Travis Ford did for us, but he will also prove to be a liability on the defensive end in a lot of games, also. Nothing the kid can do about being small, but it will not help against big teams. Quickness will mean nothing when the ball is up high.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.