Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leon Hall A Bengal

Featured Replies

Hall was a good pick. Pass D has always been weak. And as far as him not seeing good receivers besides OSU, ND, and USC, working with Chad and TJ all summer and pre season will more than have him ready come game 1.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good character, solid CB, great technician (straight from Coyle and Co). The guy got beat deep by a few studs, but the coaches think that can easily be corrected. I feel good about this pick, they picked up Joseph last season and he was raw but we all know he's a player now, Hall has 4 years of experience for one of the big boys of college football, if all goes well the Bengals will have a solid set of CB's for years to come.

I'm excited about what the Bengals secondary can turn into. Williams, Joseph, Hall, and a veteran to take Jackson's place if he leaves. I can't wait to see what happens.

Good character, solid CB, great technician (straight from Coyle and Co). The guy got beat deep by a few studs, but the coaches think that can easily be corrected. I feel good about this pick, they picked up Joseph last season and he was raw but we all know he's a player now, Hall has 4 years of experience for one of the big boys of college football, if all goes well the Bengals will have a solid set of CB's for years to come.

 

:thumb: :thumb:

Everyone had him as a top 15 player....They can't all be wrong, can they?

That's never happened before...

From what I have read, is that Hall is a very nice CB when in zone, but got burned a few times in man coeverage. See games versus Ginn and Jarrett. Some wondered about his speed, but he turned in a 4.3 40 at the combine.

Sometimes you wonder if that speed translates over into live game speed.

No elite speed to test him in those three games. I really hope he's the answer at #2 CB, but I'm just a bit skeptical based on watching him a lot...

 

Same here! I know I honestly was hoping some team would pick him before it got to us, because I knew we would take him if he was there! The guy I was was Pitts corner, but he got taken earlier! I wouldn't have minded getting that Safety from Florida in Nelson either. I just was really hoping we wouldn't take Hall, but I just hope I am wrong about him and he ends up being a very good corner for us...

I like this pick.

 

He has raw speed, so he can learn coverages and get better working against Chad and/or TJ.

BTW Hall was over at Paul Brown today. Saw him while I was there.

No one on BGP knows as much as the Bengals coaching staff who have watched about 1000 hours of film on Hall!!!!!

 

Give me a break!!!!

  • Author

Who said they watched him more than the staff? I said as a UM fan I watched almost all of his games and don't think he's going to be a top flight CB in this defense. It's a message board where we discuss things like this.

 

Give me a break!!!

Who said they watched him more than the staff? I said as a UM fan I watched almost all of his games and don't think he's going to be a top flight CB in this defense. It's a message board where we discuss things like this.

 

Give me a break!!!

 

 

He got burned by Ginn and Jarrett....So did everyone else....Your guy, Ross got burnt worse than Hall against Ginn during the tOSU/Texas game. He's not going to have to be the #1 guy, so I don't see a problem with the pick at all.

We still have Jackson and Madieu right? You looking long term, or who is the odd man out?

 

Why does nobody realize we are not deep at LB. Putting a TON of pressure of Brooks and Johnson, and other one TBD.

 

Not drafting a linebacker leads me to believe that Ed Hartwell will sign soon. Cincinnati also has Miller, Jeanty, Frazier and Nicholson. That seems pretty deep to me.

It boiled down to drafting someone with skill who can crack a starting lineup instead of a police lineup.

As long as he can tackle I think he is already better than Tory James and Dealthea.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.