Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cell phones and driving shouldn't mix.

Featured Replies

This is one of my pet peeves. Anyone else?

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There should probably be some restrictions against it, it really does alter the way people drive. But it's not just "people", it's me, too. :D

Next time your at an intersection setting at a red light, look around at how many people are on a cell phone.:eek:

This is one of my pet peeves. Anyone else?

 

I'm guilty of it, I'll admit.

Some type of restriction age wise would be good. New drivers who haven't developed safe drivng skills and then trying to multi-task along with that inexperience makes them dangerous.

It never effected the way I drive. I just don't see how people can be that bad of drivers when they talk on the cell. Is it that hard to pay attention to the road while talking? Guess some people must have two hands on the wheel at all times.

I think it's more the dialing and answering that causes problems.

I'm guilty of it, I'll admit.

 

 

I am too...:devil:

Guilty!

 

 

 

 

But I can't help it...it is attached! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It never effected the way I drive. I just don't see how people can be that bad of drivers when they talk on the cell. Is it that hard to pay attention to the road while talking? Guess some people must have two hands on the wheel at all times.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

If you can't drive and talk on a cell, give up driving, it's not rocket science. The same people shouldn't have CD players, radios, drinks, passengers or anything else that’s making such an easy task so difficult for them.

It never effected the way I drive. I just don't see how people can be that bad of drivers when they talk on the cell. Is it that hard to pay attention to the road while talking? Guess some people must have two hands on the wheel at all times.

 

I know this is a cell phone thread but I couldn't count how many times I've hear that statement used by people who drink and drive. Sorry it just made me think of how many times I've heard my dad say that:mad:

The only time I talk on a cell phone is for work, course when your driving a truck, your boss calls you at will sometimes and you have to talk to him to see what place your going to next, sometimes if I can I'll pull my truck over at a truck stop and talk, other than that it just depends where I'm at.

I have one word Bluetooth

 

I drive a vehicle with a stick which makes using a cellphone tricky. My phone now has complete voice activation and Bluetooth compatibility. The ear piece wan't that expensive. Push one button and tell the phone who to call or what number to dial. It's great.

Why has this just become a problem in the cell phone era? Truckers have had CB radios FOREVER without problems.

 

I do know why but I think I would get banned from BGP if I say it!

As was stated above, there are other things people do while driving that effects them, such as eating, drinking, changing the radio, searching for something in the car while driving, I have even seen people changing their clothes and a couple of drivers put on make-up while driving. Statically all these cause more accidents than those on cell phones.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.