Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cell phones and driving shouldn't mix.

Featured Replies

I'm on the highway driving back and forth to school and I really can't help but talk on the phone because it gets so darn boring...

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really not that hard to talk on the phone and still stay focused on the road, IMO. I think the biggest problem is that people just don't know how to drive...

It isn't trying to work the phone and drive at the same time that is the problem. When you are talking on the phone you aren't paying attention to what you are doing. Your focus is on your conversation. A bluetooth or other hands free devise does not solve the problem. Yes, it makes easier to drive a manual shift but it doesn't put your focus on driving.

On my train I hit a Lady in a car with another lady and three small children. They were all injured but are alright. She was on the way to the courthouse and was running late and was calling her lawyer when she ran the crossing. She was more worried about her cell than the kids. (after the accident)

 

I also use it in the car but use the speakerphone and so does Momma. And If I call her and she is in the car I tell her to call me later. Our son is not allowed to use it in the car.

I'm guilty of it also. Just a bad habit like everything else i guess.

It isn't trying to work the phone and drive at the same time that is the problem. When you are talking on the phone you aren't paying attention to what you are doing. Your focus is on your conversation. A bluetooth or other hands free devise does not solve the problem. Yes, it makes easier to drive a manual shift but it doesn't put your focus on driving.

How then is it any different then having a conversation with someone else in the car?

I think the biggest problem is that people just don't know how to drive...

:thumb:

How then is it any different then having a conversation with someone else in the car?
:thumb: It isn't, that's always a bad argument.

I think it depends on the person. The bigger problem is people texting each other while driving imo.

I think it depends on the person. The bigger problem is people texting each other while driving imo.

 

 

And I do that too...

And I do that too...

2.gifLet's hope you're a good multi-tasker then.;)

2.gifLet's hope you're a good multi-tasker then.;)

 

Why yes I am...thank you! :D :D :D

I know this is a cell phone thread but I couldn't count how many times I've hear that statement used by people who drink and drive. Sorry it just made me think of how many times I've heard my dad say that:mad:

Well yeah, point being; don't be stupid.:thumb:

How then is it any different then having a conversation with someone else in the car?

Here you go.

 

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/DyeHard/story?id=889064&page=1

 

This part is towards the bottom of the first page.

 

Yantis thinks a cell phone can be particularly intrusive, thus compromising our multitasking abilities. If you're talking with someone else in the car, he says, that person knows you're trying to drive and will probably lighten up on the conversation if red lights are flashing in the distance. But if you're on a cell phone, the other person may not even know you are driving and may ratchet up the complexity, or the emotional content, of the conversation without knowing you are in a very precarious situation.

 

 

According to this article it isn't such a bad arguement.

I'm guilty of it as well...

 

It's funny how it always seems to be the people I'm behind that aren't able to do two things at once. I can't count the number of times just this past week that I've been behind someone going about 30 in a 40 zone, and when I passed them, looked over to see them talking to someone on their cell phone. I swear it makes me want to throw something...:madman:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.