Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

tOSU Boys Are Leaving...

Featured Replies

Hard to turn down money, that will get offered. I like the education but understand any players, who chooses to leave for opportunity and $$$$.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm suprised with Conley and Cook. I think Conley could be a very good player. I would guess his family is OK financially, plus the track record for PG's that leave early isn't too great, hope it works out for him. I have no idea what Cook is thinking, he wasn't even good enough to be a top 3 option in college, enjoy the money and the splinters.

Perfect post.

 

Conley is going way out on a limb, point guards are rarely successful in leaving this early (Cook, Bassy, etc.).

 

Cook will be in the NBDL....

I think the NBDL draft is right around the corner...

It was a special year for Ohio State, I know they have a bunch more kids coming in, but I can't see them getting back to the title game next year.

 

They were very fortunate with this team to make as far as they did. Not to take anything away from their great season.

I would like to have seen these guys return to school but the money is hard to turn down. I would say it is a tough decision to make and many things factor into their doing so.

I hope they have successful careers and become positive members of society.

Perfect post.

 

Conley is going way out on a limb, point guards are rarely successful in leaving this early (Cook, Bassy, etc.).

 

Cook will be in the NBDL....

 

 

Right on the $$$$!!

This was yesterday...

 

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10121769

OSU's Oden, Conley Jr. undecided about basketball future

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Greg Oden still doesn't know if he's going to the NBA or staying at Ohio State.

 

As for Buckeyes point guard Mike Conley Jr., "I already told Mike that I was going to break his legs if he leaves," teammate Jamar Butler said with a laugh.

 

The Buckeyes said thanks to an estimated 4,000 fans at Value City Arena on Wednesday night. Those looking for insight into what the 7-foot Oden or his close friend and high school teammate, Conley, are going to do must have gone home disappointed.

 

Oden and Conley, the freshmen who led the Buckeyes to the national championship game, only spoke during a brief interview session with a couple of former Ohio State players, Bill Hosket and Ron Stokes.

 

At one point, Hosket said he was going to ask the one question that everyone wanted an answer to -- then asked Oden and Conley what they had for lunch.

This was yesterday...

 

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10121769

OSU's Oden, Conley Jr. undecided about basketball future

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Greg Oden still doesn't know if he's going to the NBA or staying at Ohio State.

 

As for Buckeyes point guard Mike Conley Jr., "I already told Mike that I was going to break his legs if he leaves," teammate Jamar Butler said with a laugh.

 

The Buckeyes said thanks to an estimated 4,000 fans at Value City Arena on Wednesday night. Those looking for insight into what the 7-foot Oden or his close friend and high school teammate, Conley, are going to do must have gone home disappointed.

 

Oden and Conley, the freshmen who led the Buckeyes to the national championship game, only spoke during a brief interview session with a couple of former Ohio State players, Bill Hosket and Ron Stokes.

 

At one point, Hosket said he was going to ask the one question that everyone wanted an answer to -- then asked Oden and Conley what they had for lunch.

 

Thanks for the info. I think we need to wait until it's official to actually announce they're leaving.....

......and you got your information, where?

OUCH....Thad won't be the God that they hoped it would.

Great news!!! :fire:

I thought so as well.

I wonder if Thad wanted to get these kids out so he has rooms for the class that he has coming, and so on and so forth. I think this class was once-in-a-lifetime. I really liked Conley.

This hurts that scholarship # doesn't it.

This hurts that scholarship # doesn't it.

Only if they don't finish the year in good standing...

Oden is a no brainer. Conley is a special athlete so he should do well but it may take him al little while but I am not sure about Cook. He probably would have benifited from another year in Columbus.

OUCH....Thad won't be the God that they hoped it would.

 

What the &*!@ does that mean?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.