April 13, 200719 yr I guess I am echoing what everyone else has said, but I just can't understand a guy leaving (Cook) that was hardly even noticeable when he was on the floor. I keep thinking some of these kids and their parents will learn from the mistakes of those who went before them, but then again, people never cease to amaze me. How noticable would he be with Conley and Oden on the floor? I have saw him play in person and Cook very well MAY suprise you at the next level.
April 13, 200719 yr How noticable would he be with Conley and Oden on the floor? I have saw him play in person and Cook very well MAY suprise you at the next level. There were other guys on the OSU roster that were better, too. Ron Lewis, Ivan Harris, Jamar Butler...All of these guys are/were better than Cook this past season. How can being arguably the 6th best player on your college team means for entering the NBA draft?
April 13, 200719 yr Kidd and Paul played 2 years in college. Williams played 3. So they left early right? Bassy is Telfair I believe? He didn't play in college. I thought if you left early you left early. If you're good enough to play in the NBA and you're probably going to be the number 1 PG taken why come back?
April 14, 200719 yr How noticable would he be with Conley and Oden on the floor? I have saw him play in person and Cook very well MAY suprise you at the next level. I agree, he really can create and the NBA may be his style of game. Although, I believe that he isn't quite ready as do most of these other posters.
April 14, 200719 yr Oden's dad was quoted as saying..."Why not, as long as he finishes school in the offseason?" the elder Oden said. "He's the kind of kid that, even though he'll have a lot of money, he needs to do more than just basketball. "They had an exciting season, but why take the chance on him getting hurt?"
April 14, 200719 yr Oden's dad was quoted as saying..."Why not, as long as he finishes school in the offseason?" the elder Oden said. "He's the kind of kid that, even though he'll have a lot of money, he needs to do more than just basketball. "They had an exciting season, but why take the chance on him getting hurt?" I saw this too. I think that means it's a done deal, but even his dad said he needs to finish school and do more than basketball so you never know.
April 15, 200719 yr Just saw on ESPN that the three are still undecided. Mike Conley Sr would be their agent and while ODen's dad said they SHOULD go, Conley Sr said none of them have decided yet.
April 15, 200719 yr “No. Definitely not. Not to say he's not going to decide that – but, 100 percent, as of this moment, he hasn't decided,” Conley, father of Oden's high school and Ohio State teammate, Mike Conley Jr., told The Associated Press. "I talk to his mother every day, and I talk to (Ohio State coach) Thad Matta every day, and if Thad Matta and his mother and I don't know, then how can anyone else know?” Conley continued: “The process for Greg Oden is, he's going to talk to his mom today, he's going to talk to me tomorrow, and he's going to talk to Thad Matta on Monday. And after that, he's going to decide what he's going to do and when he's going to report it.” Conley Sr. has been certified as an NBA agent. Oden Sr. told the Indianapolis Star that the former track star would represent his son. “First, he's going to decide whether to come out, and then he's going to decide who'll represent him,” the elder Conley said. “I hope I have a good shot at it. I don't want to be presumptuous.”
April 15, 200719 yr So they left early right? Bassy is Telfair I believe? He didn't play in college. I thought if you left early you left early. If you're good enough to play in the NBA and you're probably going to be the number 1 PG taken why come back? I dont think he is as good as the players you have mentioned yet. He has good speed and can drive, but he couldn't even get by Green in the championship, and Green would burn him making him foul. He cant shoot well, Conley needs to develop, hes not much better than Rondo.
April 16, 200719 yr I dont think he is as good as the players you have mentioned yet. He has good speed and can drive, but he couldn't even get by Green in the championship, and Green would burn him making him foul. He cant shoot well, Conley needs to develop, hes not much better than Rondo. I disagree with the comparison of Rondo and COnley. At the end of COnley's freshman year, he is much better than Rondo was at the end of his frosh year. Conley also performed on a much higher stage than Rondo.
April 16, 200719 yr I disagree with the comparison of Rondo and COnley. At the end of COnley's freshman year, he is much better than Rondo was at the end of his frosh year. Conley also performed on a much higher stage than Rondo. Rondo averaged 8 points, 3 boards, 3.5 assists, and 2.6 steals his freshman year Conley averaged 11 points, 3.4 boards, 6 assists, 2.2 steals So yeah, Conley is better, but not by a huge margin.
April 16, 200719 yr Rondo averaged 8 points, 3 boards, 3.5 assists, and 2.6 steals his freshman year Conley averaged 11 points, 3.4 boards, 6 assists, 2.2 steals So yeah, Conley is better, but not by a huge margin. And also Rondo did play against somewhat better competition, the Big 10 just wasnt very good outside of them and Wisconsin. But I think he is slightly better than Rondo but not to much, and he is the same style of player that drives and cant shoot. I forget how many 3-pointers he had this year, it wasn't much.
April 16, 200719 yr And also Rondo did play against somewhat better competition, the Big 10 just wasnt very good outside of them and Wisconsin. They played Florida twice...and UT, also a good Xavier team...Conley shined...at this point he is leaps and bounds.
April 16, 200719 yr And also Rondo did play against somewhat better competition, the Big 10 just wasnt very good outside of them and Wisconsin. But I think he is slightly better than Rondo but not to much, and he is the same style of player that drives and cant shoot. I forget how many 3-pointers he had this year, it wasn't much. He was 21 of 69 from beyond the line on the season.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.