Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky players going to UK

Featured Replies

One of the many problems with tubby was he didn't recruit players from Kentucky. Chris Lofton, Ross Neltner, Preston Knowles, the list goes on and on. He finally decided to recruit Darius Miller, but still, he probably wouldn't have gotten him because Billy Donovon was after him too. I think that Billy Gillispie will do a better job at recruiting Kentucky players and recruiting in general.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the site! This is a topic we've had many discussions on and I think Billy G will do a much better job recruiting in state players.

Welcome to the site! This is a topic we've had many discussions on and I think Billy G will do a much better job recruiting in state players.

 

I think he has a great opportunity to do this right away. First off he could possibly offer Pettigrew and get Walls to walkon. Getting the 2 best seniors in the state would be great.

Then next year if he can get Miller and talk Mackey into changing his mind that would be huge for him!

Ii KY had better plays we would be getting them.

 

I agree that the past few years we havent had a lot of great talent. Lofton is our only definite mistake recently. But the state is all of a sudden much richer with talent now!

One of the many problems with tubby was he didn't recruit players from Kentucky. Chris Lofton, Ross Neltner, Preston Knowles, the list goes on and on. He finally decided to recruit Darius Miller, but still, he probably wouldn't have gotten him because Billy Donovon was after him too. I think that Billy Gillispie will do a better job at recruiting Kentucky players and recruiting in general.

 

Welcome to the site first of all! But there has been MANY topics on this discussion already, so you should just go back and look at them..However yeah you list the players that he didn't recruit, but some of you all have seemed to forgot that he has also brought in KY boys that did NOTHING while here. So when you got guys who did nothing while here, it would kind of scare you from going after them. When you could get a Mcdonalds all american, and that is what happened the year with Chris Lofton...

Welcome to the site first of all! But there has been MANY topics on this discussion already, so you should just go back and look at them..However yeah you list the players that he didn't recruit, but some of you all have seemed to forgot that he has also brought in KY boys that did NOTHING while here. So when you got guys who did nothing while here, it would kind of scare you from going after them. When you could get a Mcdonalds all american, and that is what happened the year with Chris Lofton...

 

 

That's true Chris Lofton seems to be the only one that got away, I don't see Ross Neltner being anything more than a Heissenbuttel, Carrier, or Stocton. Kentucky seemed to regularly get the Mr. Basketball and they just sat on the bench. If Kentucky produced better players in the past I believe Tubby would have got them.

I'm pretty sure that Coach G made it a point on the day he was hired to make the comment that he would target players in Kentucky.

I'm pretty sure that Coach G made it a point on the day he was hired to make the comment that he would target players in Kentucky.

 

If and only if they are good enough to come here...Alot of people look at how he recruited alot in state at A&M and just assume he will do that here, but there is a HUGE difference in basketball talent between Ky and Texas in high school players.. If there is a player good enough to be here, then he will be here, but he wont bring in a Ky boy just so we have Ky boys on the team...

A few talented kids in the state in Pettigrew, Walls, Mackey and Miller. If they are talented enough bring them on board but don't just sign a KY to satisfy the fans. I would love to see a few of those four ink a LOI for UK.

That's true Chris Lofton seems to be the only one that got away, I don't see Ross Neltner being anything more than a Heissenbuttel, Carrier, or Stocton. Kentucky seemed to regularly get the Mr. Basketball and they just sat on the bench. If Kentucky produced better players in the past I believe Tubby would have got them.

If im not mistaken Neltner was starting for Vandy, who seemed to have swept Kentucky and made a run to the sweet 16... i think he would have been able to play at UK

If im not mistaken Neltner was starting for Vandy, who seemed to have swept Kentucky and made a run to the sweet 16... i think he would have been able to play at UK

 

 

 

I disagree

I disagree

If Sheray Thomas earned minutes as a Wildcat, then Neltner definetly would have played. IMO the Wildcats are much better team with Neltner, Doelman, and Lofton playing together for UK.

Welcome to the site saint :thumb: . FC is correct. if you check some past threads you will find this has been hashed out before on here. As a matter of fact, the Lofton subject has REALLY been brought up over and over. The Lofton issue has even won a few bgp "dead horse" awards.:D

 

As for your thread, I would love to see more in state kids playing for the Wildcats. There is just something special about it. I also realize that they have to have the talent and ability to play here and be able to fit a recruiting need (guard/foward/center,etc.). I am all for getting all the instate kids that are possible if they can play at this level :ylsuper: . Imo Gillispie will go after any in state kid that he thinks can help.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.