Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Preston Knowles to sign with Louisville

Featured Replies

Congratulations to Preston!! Absolutely one of the most athletic kids I saw in the state this year!!

  • Replies 78
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to have you aboard, Preston! :thumb:

The same headcase that was blasted out of Rupp Arena in the State Tourney. Upon leaving the floor for a sub, he walked to the Ballard bench and shook everyone's hand, then headed to the center of the Rupp Arena floor and touched the UK logo, and then waved to the crowd as he ended his career. Pretty impressive showing of sportsmanship, IMO.

:thumb: Exactly. Why some people post negative things about a young man that has finally fulfilled a lifetime dream is beyond me. Till you walk in someones shoes...don't throw stones. Also get your facts stright....he wasn't failing any classes, just didn't turn in an assignment in on time....at GRC everyone is held accountable...athlete or not...as it should be. Preston is a very private young man, many things I could have posted in his defense, but did not to respect his privacy.

This thread should be about the joy and accomplishments of Preston in signing with a great University, coach and team.:thumb:

I can even keep all my Cardinal clothes when I go watch him play.:D

The kid is an impressive basketball player.

 

Who was the last 10th Region player to sign with UofL? Was that Alvin Sims from Paris High School?

:thumb: Exactly. Why some people post negative things about a young man that has finally fulfilled a lifetime dream is beyond me. Till you walk in someones shoes...don't throw stones. Also get your facts stright....he wasn't failing any classes, just didn't turn in an assignment in on time....at GRC everyone is held accountable...athlete or not...as it should be. Preston is a very private young man, many things I could have posted in his defense, but did not to respect his privacy.

This thread should be about the joy and accomplishments of Preston in signing with a great University, coach and team.:thumb:

I can even keep all my Cardinal clothes when I go watch him play.:D

I never said he was failing anything. Just said he had bad grades. Its not the same thing. But I wish him the best of luck in every game, except when he is playing my Wildcats.

Its your first post and you are already criticizing other peoples posts.

 

Yeah he is a headcase. Left the team at least twice, refused to go in games. Thats what he is. He can change but that is yet to be seen.

 

Well, I've got a few post under my belt so let me chime in. Yeah, I think its a little premature to call the kid a "headcase". If refusing to enter a game makes you a "headcase", you might want to label #3 in your avatar a "headcase". I remember a night in Radcliffe when your boy refused to re-enter a game causing his coach to scramble for a QB and have to waste a time-out.

Regardless of anything else, I'm glad to see he made the team as I have faith in Pitino. Hopefully he will work hard and become one of the ingredients to this teams success. Congrats on getting to this level and I'm looking forward to having another local favorite to cheer for!

:thumb: Exactly. Why some people post negative things about a young man that has finally fulfilled a lifetime dream is beyond me. Till you walk in someones shoes...don't throw stones. Also get your facts stright....he wasn't failing any classes, just didn't turn in an assignment in on time....at GRC everyone is held accountable...athlete or not...as it should be. Preston is a very private young man, many things I could have posted in his defense, but did not to respect his privacy.

This thread should be about the joy and accomplishments of Preston in signing with a great University, coach and team.:thumb:

I can even keep all my Cardinal clothes when I go watch him play.:D

 

For the record, I told the guy sitting beside me at the Sweet Sixteen that Knowles looked talented enough to play at UK. He kind of giggled and said, "I don't know that he's that good..." Looks like I'll get the last laugh :ylsuper:

For the record, I told the guy sitting beside me at the Sweet Sixteen that Knowles looked talented enough to play at UK. He kind of giggled and said, "I don't know that he's that good..." Looks like I'll get the last laugh :ylsuper:

 

He isn't good enough to play for UK. But he is good enough to play for UofL, though. :walk: :walk: :walk:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Too easy.

Risky risky move for Pitino...The thing with Caracter is that everyone KNEW he could ball. I dont see everyone KNOWING that Preston will be able to dominate a game like Caracter can. Caracter's extraordinary talent will allow him to be succesfull. Knowles doesnt have that"EXTRAordinary" talent to keep him afloat. I say he's gone at UL by the end of his soph year...if he ever makes it to campus.

I think he is good enough to play at UK. The reason he didn't appear as talented to some is because he was a point guard on a team that wasn't loaded with other similar talent.

Preston is a great pickup...there have been opposing coaches that say he is unguardable when he is on...that's great for Louisville, and he will certainly have time to get himself acclimated to big time D-1 basketball...

 

Pitino got what I felt was one of the best players in the state this season. He is catlike quick and you are dead on, .. when he is on, he is nearly impossible to stop man-2-man. I was impressed with his raw ability when I saw him and think he could develop into a 'wow, where did this kid come from' type of player in the future for the Cards.

 

And to those of you taking shots at a teenage kid,.... show at least a little class. He is a KID and KY KID at that!

I didn't think he would go to Louisville but I don't think that he will come back to bite Kentucky in the butt like Chris Lofton. So good luck to him playing major D-1 basketball.

Glad I have your permission now! His actions in the past PROVE he is a headcase. That could change, we'll see. Whether you want to admit it or not, its a risk for Pitino. That doesn't take away from him as a player though. He single handedly beat Mason County. There is no disputing that.

 

 

Do you hold a grudge against mr. knowles.

I don't think any of us should be talking about a "current" high school kid as a headcase....you could certainly use other terminology to get your point across....and questioning his academic struggles...when he is eligible is mightily suspect.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.