April 9, 200719 yr Kentucky "lucked-out" in getting Gillispie. Thanks Dick. He was far overboard in many of the things he said when UK was persuing Donovan. It almost came across as agenda like. For example, if BD would have come then it would have been all downhill after the press conference. Whatever Dicky V. All true, I think it hurt his feelings the way he perceived Tubby's treatment went. And he was taking his shots. But regardless, I can't help but like him. And I really don't know why. Maybe it is the DiGiorno's commercials.
April 9, 200719 yr I like Vitale. Yes he can be very annoying -especially on the Puke and UNC games but the man has a genuine love for college basketball and the kids. That is what it is all about. His work for the Jimmy V foundation and the battle vs. cancer speaks for itself about where his heart is.:thumb: Imo this was a nice article and comments about Giilispie from Vitale.
April 9, 200719 yr Kentucky "lucked-out" in getting Gillispie. Thanks Dick. He was far overboard in many of the things he said when UK was persuing Donovan. It almost came across as agenda like. For example, if BD would have come then it would have been all downhill after the press conference. Whatever Dicky V. He said Donovan would listen but wouldn't come and he was right. As far as being downhill after the press conference he was probably right about that. The way most UK fans had built BD up anything short of a title in 3-4 years would have been a failure.
April 9, 200719 yr I like Vitale. Yes he can be very annoying -especially on the Puke and UNC games but the man has a genuine love for college basketball and the kids. That is what it is all about. His work for the Jimmy V foundation and the battle vs. cancer speaks for itself about where his heart is.:thumb: Imo this was a nice article and comments about Giilispie from Vitale. :thumb:
April 9, 200719 yr Heaven forbid that Vitale give his opinion. Apparently his comments about SOME of the UK fans struck too close to home. Now he compliments the decision on who the new coach is and some change course, ... others see it as a ploy to regain the favor of those UK fans he so offended in the past few weeks. Geez! Personally, I like Vitale. I don't agree with everything he says, but I cannot think of one commentator I do agree 100% with on everything they say. I respect the man's passion for the game and those who coach and play it. He knows the game far more than I could ever pretend to know it. He brings a youthful enthusiasm that most don't have at half his age. If you don't agree with him, fine, however, that doesn't make him an 'idiot'. If you do agree with him, .. fine, but that doesn't make him a genius. He is just a basketball commentator with a love for the game. No more, no less.
April 9, 200719 yr As a member of the media it is his job to ruffle the feathers a little bit sometimes. If you are a media person and you never say or do anything bold then nothing sets you apart. That is why Vitale is so popular I guess and it was a good writing on Billy G.
April 9, 200719 yr As a member of the media it is his job to ruffle the feathers a little bit sometimes. If you are a media person and you never say or do anything bold then nothing sets you apart. That is why Vitale is so popular I guess and it was a good writing on Billy G. Very true. I never was or never will be a Vitale fan but he does speaks whats on his mind no matter the satisfaction of someone else. Vitale seems to always be jumping on the wagon of the winnig team but of course most media people do. He also seems to stay around Duke and NC but of course he does because they have been sucessful in the near past.....Just MO of him.
April 9, 200719 yr LOL, typical. He spoke what he, and many more, see as the truth. The radical fan base wanted Tubby gone, and then he leaves and everybody is looking to blame somebody else. I'll never understand it. :confused: Dicky V hit the nail on the head. I like Dicky V, always have. I don't always agree with him, but I like him anyway. And your mediocre truth is in Minnesota...with UK comes expectations, if you can't handle it.. well theres always Minnesota :thumb:
April 9, 200719 yr Very true. I never was or never will be a Vitale fan but he does speaks whats on his mind no matter the satisfaction of someone else. Vitale seems to always be jumping on the wagon of the winnig team but of course most media people do. He also seems to stay around Duke and NC but of course he does because they have been sucessful in the near past.....Just MO of him. I agree 100 percent but he did really back UK with Tubby, and the reason for him bashing UK fans was IMO because he has a close friendship with Tubby. And one thing I can say about him is he will be at Rupp as long as Ashley Judd is there and I cant blaim him for that. Getting to meet her is better than the ball game itself lol.
April 9, 200719 yr And your mediocre truth is in Minnesota...with UK comes expectations, if you can't handle it.. well theres always Minnesota :thumb: lol..............:laugh: .......and thats the rest of the story
April 9, 200719 yr I agree 100 percent but he did really back UK with Tubby, and the reason for him bashing UK fans was IMO because he has a close friendship with Tubby. And one thing I can say about him is he will be at Rupp as long as Ashley Judd is there and I cant blaim him for that. Getting to meet her is better than the ball game itself lol. :sleep: Some of us can only dream:sleep:
April 9, 200719 yr Same Dukie V. who a week ago said we ran Tubby out of town. I hope we remember all of that come November or December when he tries to smooth it all over at Rupp. I doubt ESPN sends him to Lexington next year. :fight: What was it that he said that was so wrong? What he said was the truth, rather people want to believe it or not. Some of you all took it as he was talking about the fan base in general, and I said last week about it, that it is just not true, he was just talking about this small but very vocal portion of our fans that are just not that smart. I think he showed that in this article by even saying UK has the best basketball fans in the world, even though we do have a small group of fans that are not so great..What Vitale said then was true, and what he said now is true. I dont get why people have got so upset about it... Also I be willing to bet that the next game that Vitale comes to at Rupp, that there would be on a very small portion of people who boo him if anything. For the most part he will get cheers like he always does...
April 9, 200719 yr And your mediocre truth is in Minnesota...with UK comes expectations, if you can't handle it.. well theres always Minnesota :thumb: :laugh: Nice counter argument. Sorry I caused you to get all emotional, young feller. I've been a UK fan for a long, long time, much longer than you have been alive. So forgive me for laughing at the thought of you thinking you have earned the right to tell me to take my allegiance and go somewhere else. Puh-leez. My memory goes way back farther than the Pitino years. I know what the expectations are but I also know the realities. Over the last 45 years, with the exception of the three or four year span that Pitino ended with, Kentucky Basketball has not been the Nirvana that many of our fans want to think it has. Regardless, what Vitale said was dead on. Justified or not, the fans were largely responsible in Tubby leaving. Yes it was based on his performance. That is a given. IMO, you could argue it was the right thing or the wrong thing, but you can't deny the fact that it was the deciding factor. That is the irony in the whole mess. The KY fans were in large part responsible in Tubby leaving, but they won't admit it, they want to wash their hands of it. Why won't they just stand up and say "Yes, Tubby sucked, and we spoke out until we got what we wanted" ? I could at least respect that.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.